• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

djo

Local time
7:56 PM
Reaction score
I have a 1969 GTX with a 120 speedometer. I understand most if not all of these cars came with a 150 speedometer. did any come with the 120 speedo?

I don't know about the GTX, but my A12 rr came with a 120mph speedo, which makes sense. With stock gearing , I dont think it will touch 120.
As a matter of fact, I know it wont.

Last edited:
I have a 1969 GTX with a 120 speedometer. I understand most if not all of these cars came with a 150 speedometer. did any come with the 120 speedo?
GTX came standard with the 150 speedo.

A previous owner must have swapped out the original 150 unit. Hopefully it was just that and not the whole dash.

the rest of the dash looks stock. I can live with the dash for now. Finding a 150mph is expensive.

Thank all of you.

the rest of the dash looks stock. I can live with the dash for now. Finding a 150mph is expensive.
Make sure its the whole speedo you need and not just the lense.

Show us some pictures of the car and the speedo, please.

I almost bought a '68 Hemi GTX a year ago. Body absolutely mint. Was a quick visit and I took some pictures to ponder before I had time to go back a second time. This thing was clean.. clean.. clean. Looking at the pictures over the next week I realized that it had a 120mph speedo in it, which had me intrigued to look harder on the next visit. Seems leaving that cluster in was the only over sight in using a Roadrunner to rebody a GTX VIN..

I don't know about the GTX, but my A12 rr came with a 120mph speedo, which makes sense. With stock gearing , I dont think it will touch 120.
As a matter of fact, I know it wont.

What gear do you have?

My 383 Bee with 3.55's would bury the 150 speedo.

What gear do you have?

My 383 Bee with 3.55's would bury the 150 speedo.
ALL A12's came with 4.10 Dana, and 27" tall tires. The 440 Sixpack was rated peak power at 4700 rpm, so at peak power with an auto, you get about 95 mph. If you think it will spin to 5500, with 28" tires, you get about 106. (which is what mine ran stock, at the drags).Theoretically, Tall tires, and FIFTEEN hundred rpm over power peak might get you close to 120, maybe.

Auto Transport Service
Back