• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1970 383 Warranty Replacement Longblock from a Roadrunner

Status
Not open for further replies.

70rr-brian

Local time
8:51 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
This is a warranty replacement engine from a 1970 383 Roadrunner. It is dated 12*70 and the ID pad shows only S383 which you can see in the pictures. Additionally there are no partial VIN's stamped on this block.

I believe this engine to have approximately 20k miles on it since a stock rebuild. This is as told by the previous owner. But I find that very believable given the condition of the engine. I replaced the engine with a stroker and put this engine on a shipping stand a little over 2 years ago. Before putting it on the stand I completely disassembled the engine and it was very clean. It ran perfectly when removed from the Roadrunner. That said, this engine will need to have a full gasket kit installed and all torque specs rechecked before any attempt to start it again. I know I tore a head gasket during disassembly and just guessed on bolt torque when reassembling. As you can see this is a complete long block with all stock parts correct for the 1970 iteration of the 383 EXCEPT: It has an edlebrock 600 cfm carb on it, an aftermarket thermostat housing on it and an electronic ignition distributer.

If you are restoring a non-numbers matching 1970 383 car this could be a nice option for your build. It is date code correct for a 70 model year car.

I am selling it on behalf of the new owner as he does not wish to bear the cost of the freight shipping to have it shipped to his location. This engine is located in Florence, Kentucky (10 miles south of Cincinnati) and can be picked up from my home. I have an engine hoist to load it into a truck should you want to come pick it up or I can crate it up and give it to a freight company of your choice should you decide to go that route.

$800 PM me with any questions.

GEDC0303_zpse087699f.jpg

GEDC0307_zpsbeb357c1.jpg

GEDC0329_zps7fc35e62.jpg

GEDC0321_zps3d939e07.jpg

That is a very good deal for someone! If I wasn't already a couple grand into my 440 build, I would snatch that up for my RR. There are some parts on it I would definitely like to have.

Hi Brian
I would like to buy your 383 if still available
I need to get some quotes on shipping, what would be pick up address and is it residential and which days of the week would pick up be possible? also would like to know how far you went with disassembling the engine
Thanks
Eric

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Brian
I would like to buy your 383 if still available
I need to get some quotes on shipping, what would be pick up address and is it residential and which days of the week would pick up be possible? also would like to know how far you went with disassembling the engine
Thanks
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back