• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1970 4 speed Charger RT in Texas $45,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

shart70rt

Local time
10:08 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Sale Pending

I have finally given up on being able to complete my Charger due to health reasons. I am only able to work on car hour or two a week, and is very frustrating. Have owned the car for 18 years, and has clear Texas title in my name.
Price is $45,000 US dollars, cash or wire transfer to my account.
It needs very little to return to return to operation. I will be continuing work as I can
XS29U0G
Fender tag is intact, and I have the broadcast sheet
Body is rust free, Go Mango paint, probably 25 years old. Still in very good shape. White bumble bee stripe and go wing added. New front bumper and bumperette strips. New grill, headlight doors, and emblems (not yet installed). New QA1 tubular k member, strut bars, and lower control arms. New dual adjustable tubular upper control arms. New PST poly front end kit. Oversized tie rod ends and adjusters. New 1.03" torsion bars.
New Wilwood 4 piston front disc brakes, New rear disc brakes. New stainless brake lines. Power brake booster rebuilt by Booster Dewey, new master cylinder. US Car Tool sub frame connectors and radiator brace welded in. New shocks. New leaf springs and hangers.
Rallye wheels with new T/As on front new Nitto street slicks on back.
New wood grain kit and new console' New Legendary Charcoal vinyl w salt and pepper cloth insert seat covers and door panels. New Grant wood grain steering wheel ( also have original wood grain wheel and pad ). 2 AM radios. New carpet. Dash cluster sent out for cleaning, calibration, conversion of ammeter to voltmeter.
1975 500 inch Block professionally machined/assembled. Engine broken in and dyno tuned - 525 hp, 640 ft/lbs of torque, very conservative runs. Engine sounds seriously angry. All new internals. Hughes Main Girdle. Forged SCAT crank. 440 Source I beam Rods w ARP bolts. Forged Ross .060 dished pistons. Clevite Bearings
Comp Hydraulic Roller Cam, part # 23-712-9: RPM 2500-6500, .544/.541 lift, 286/294 duration at .050. Bronze gear on distributor shaft, roller lifters, billet timing gears
Crane Alum rocker arms, 1.5 ratio, Crane shaft. Milodon 7 qt road race pan and pickup. Melling hi volume oil pump. Edelbrock dual quad dual plane intake. 2 600 CFM Edelbrock carbs. Pertronix billet double strike distributor, box, and coil. Edelbrock RPM Alum heads. Billet Specialties serpentine system w polished P/S pump, altertnator, and AC compressor. 3/8 stainless fuel line w return. Spectrum fuel tank w in tank fuel injection ready fuel pump
Numbers matching A-833 18 spline 4 speed with Passon Performance Hemi overdrive conversion gear kit installed w all new seals and new synchros. 3rd gear is 1 to 1, 4th is overdrive ( I think 0.82). I have the original internals from the tranny. Centerforce 8 bolt billet flywheel, 143 tooth, dual friction disk, pressure plate, throw out bearing.Lakewood scattershield. drive shaft loop, heavy duty drive shaft and u joints. Billet u joint clamps. New heavy duty axles w green bearings. Alum Dana cover w bearing brace. djustable pinion snubber and original snubber.
Be Cool radiator, dual cooling fans and shroud ( have originals also). Classic Auto Air Unit (installation not complete yet).
2 inch TTI headers, ceramic polished and heat treated, 3 inch TTI x-pipe exhaust, stainless steel tips
All new electrical harnesses with exception of dome light and console lights. Optima Red Top Battery.One wire 140 amp alternator
Almost everything I replaced on the car was retained, also have these spares
Date code correct 1970 440 HP block, .040 w mains and forged crank
spare hood and doors ( would need work, but one year one model items, so very valuable )
2 spare 15" rallye wheels
Many other small items, total of spares probably exceeds $10,000

Work remaining to finish -
Hook up clutch and brake linkage under dash ( hould be complete 1st week of January)
final hook up and bleed of brakes ( should be complete 1st week of January )
Decide whether to use Z bar on clutch or install Hydraulic TO bearing system (kit already purchased)
Install new Spectrum tank and wire up its connector
Install hood
Install radiator and heater hoses (stainless)
Modify wiring to add fans, connect one wire alternator, connect Pertronix, fuel pump
Add fuel, prime oil system, start up
The car was built with performance, reliability, and drive-ability in mind.
PM me with your email address or phone no if you are interested, and I will send you photos. I always have trouble getting photo size down to acceptable for these sites.

pic 1.JPG

Last edited:
I'm in Houston if you ever need a hand.... I have a few friends that can help out with anything. We help each other with all of our projects.... Just costs beer and a ride when it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back