• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 charger front clip for sale not mine FB

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score
1706316471343.jpeg
1970 Charger front clip

Parts prices have gone insane. I'm sure glad I am not in need of these! The front valence is reproduced,I personally saw to it that it was.

I'm curious about this.
Based solely on what I've read posted in several other threads it seems the '70 fenders are not being reproduced, are hard to find and expensive to obtain when/if they are.
There are a lot of other pricey parts shown in those pictures, again, said after reading other ads.
If you really needed all the parts listed in the FB ad what would you realistically want to pay, expect to pay, be willing to pay?
I would imagine he would want more for each of the individual parts if he were willing to sell it that way?

Not knowing if these questions should be asked and answered here, my apologies if not the appropriate place for them.
I do not need any of these parts for my '69 and this is not a solicitation to buy or sell anything at all.

PS. maybe it's more expensive because it's not green?

I paid $600 for the last 70 Charger fender I bought,and I wanted to pay $500 for it! I am seeing people asking $1500 to $2000 each for 70 Charger fenders these days. 7k for a nose with a beat up valence,a grille with breaks in it and fenders that need work is a lot of money!

20220924_172452.jpg

Last edited:
I have to say the current prices of parts these days has me thinking that I may want to sell off my on the shelf pieces! If people are really paying two grand a piece for 70 fenders,I have a nice clean pair of Texas fenders I keep on the shelf for crash pieces,because I have four cars that take these fenders. I also keep a pair of 71 Charger fenders on the shelf because I have four of those cars as well. I saw a 71 Charger R/T hood with the louvered insert that sold for $3500 recently,so I could sell my spare one. I saw 72 Charger rallye doors for sale at two grand a piece,So maybe my workable 71 Charger R/T doors might bring similar money! I am seeing 71 Charger Ramcharger hoods and 71 Air Grabber hoods with 5 grand prices on them! Crazy times! Even though the prices of the cars are starting to correct,the parts prices have continued to rise to all time levels of insanity!

I'm curious about this.
Based solely on what I've read posted in several other threads it seems the '70 fenders are not being reproduced, are hard to find and expensive to obtain when/if they are.
There are a lot of other pricey parts shown in those pictures, again, said after reading other ads.
If you really needed all the parts listed in the FB ad what would you realistically want to pay, expect to pay, be willing to pay?
I would imagine he would want more for each of the individual parts if he were willing to sell it that way?

Not knowing if these questions should be asked and answered here, my apologies if not the appropriate place for them.
I do not need any of these parts for my '69 and this is not a solicitation to buy or sell anything at all.

PS. maybe it's more expensive because it's not green?
You are correct,they do not reproduce 70 fenders

I have an extra set of fenders and hood and front valance and two exta sets of bucket seats for my 70 Charger around for spare parts also

Makes a person wonder if all us that have spare parts were to sell them would there be enough 70 Chargers around that would need them and still be parts to be had if and when a time came someone had a bo bo and needed parts again

I know of at least two other 70 Charger guys with spare parts also just sitting just in case

Last edited:
I have always been on the lookout for 70' anything since I have four 70's. Glad I grabbed up what I could over the years. Almost impossible now. Thinking of my stash. I have 5 or 6 fenders, 5 front bumpers, 4 grilles, 5 hoods, 7 doors, 7 rear bumpers, 5 or 6 deck lids, 4 valances and a bunch of all the other misc 70 specific smaller pieces.

I had 11 70 Charger hoods at one time. Now I don't have any spares. I will have one once I put the custom hood I made for my yellow Charger R/T SE.

About 15 years ago, I went to a local swap meet with my friend Gary. I was not into the third generation Chargers at that time, I mostly built 68 to 70 Chargers and E body cars. We walked past a vendor spot that had a cardboard poster with pictures of project cars that he had for sale. One of those was a 73 Charger that had a Ramcharger hood on it from a 71 Charger. After we walked away, I said to Gary,we need to go back and ask that guy if he wants to sell the Ramcharger hood off that 73 Charger separately. Gary hemmed and hawed about it saying that the guy probably would want too much money for it, or would want him to take the whole car. So I turned around and went back and asked the guy if he would sell the hood separately off the Charger, he said sure. I said how much,he saw $400. We paid him and he called his wife and said that we would be coming by his house and to let us take the hood from the green Charger, and that we had already paid for it. It was 15 minutes away from the swap meet. We couldn't unbolt it fast enough and put it in the truck! This hood is the same hood AMD used to make the new Ramcharger hoods they sell. This was the template. As far as I know, AMD has not shipped it back to Gary yet. I miss those days when you could really make a fantastic parts score like that!

I would have thought AMD would have pounced on the opportunity to tool the fenders and hoods with the amount of 70,s I’ve seen come up for sale the past few years since all of the 2nd gen Chargers have been so hot. Not only would they sell to those buyers but to the people like me who don’t have extra parts. I’d definitely buy a couple sets of fenders and hoods if they came available. I’d rather have OEM but I refuse to pay those prices.

I would have thought AMD would have pounced on the opportunity to tool the fenders and hoods with the amount of 70,s I’ve seen come up for sale the past few years since all of the 2nd gen Chargers have been so hot. Not only would they sell to those buyers but to the people like me who don’t have extra parts. I’d definitely buy a couple sets of fenders and hoods if they came available. I’d rather have OEM but I refuse to pay those prices.

if and when AMD make an announcement; these guys with rough 55 year old parts will be left holding the bag

if and when AMD make an announcement; these guys with rough 55 year old parts will be left holding the bag
And I hope that’s exactly what happens. Earlier this year I came close to pulling the hammer on a loaded up Fc7 70 Bee. It was a complete car with all trim and interior, fender tag, build sheet that needed the front clip, deck lid and full quarters. Well they don’t make full quarters for it, skins only, fenders or a hood. I couldn’t even find a N96 hood, or even a nice set of fenders. When I did find them they were crazy high and rough. Full quarters were non existent but somebody did say I could buy 69 full quarters and make them work with the skins but I ain’t doing all that metal work so I pulled the plug on it.

And I hope that’s exactly what happens. Earlier this year I came close to pulling the hammer on a loaded up Fc7 70 Bee. It was a complete car with all trim and interior, fender tag, build sheet that needed the front clip, deck lid and full quarters. Well they don’t make full quarters for it, skins only, fenders or a hood. I couldn’t even find a N96 hood, or even a nice set of fenders. When I did find them they were crazy high and rough. Full quarters were non existent but somebody did say I could buy 69 full quarters and make them work with the skins but I ain’t doing all that metal work so I pulled the plug on it.
Yep for some reason I bought 1 year only cars :BangHead: what was I thinking :lol:

I rebuilt 3 70 Bee's..... yes; 1/4 skins, door skins, and some rough hoods, fenders, and deck lids...... don't try this at home

oh, and people just love to save you work by sand blasting everything.......... beware of the parts in primer :BangHead:

Auto Transport Service
Back