• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Charger stolen out of SE Minnesota

gtsdude

Local time
4:54 AM
Reaction score
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...837799&m_entstream_source=permalink&__tn__=-R

Thought I would post this for a guy that lives in same town I do.

586468F7-0E39-4EFE-8C68-8A4276E2660E.png

Rotten SOBs. Eye's peeled from Galesville.
From his home/private property, or stored somewhere? The former = probably an "inside job": someone who knew the car previously. The latter - any prick and his two dirt-bag buddies that happened across it.

It was taken from a storage unit. Last time the owner saw it was around the 1st of the year. The Charger is an RT 440 4 speed with dana rear. It has not ran in years and has rust around the rear wheels. The picture is not recent but it has not changed.

THAT SUCKS! Will certainly keep eye out.

VIN And any other identification would be helpful.

With the price of vintage Chargers
skyrocketing, this will become a
common occurrence.
Thefts make things extremely difficult
for those that find rare gems like these
with ambition enough to restore them.
I had a classic stolen. Broke my heart.
They stripped what they could from it
and set fire to the rest.
DMV's start enacting tighter
regulations in trying to head this off.
I do hope the authorities find this car
and the scum that stole it.

Good news! Heard last night the car was found in Iowa about an hour drive from where it was taken. Have not heard if it is all in one piece still or not. I’ll update when I find out.

Glad to hear that it was found! Thieves suck,especially ones who steal our Mopars!

Glad to hear that it was found! Thieves suck,especially ones who steal our Mopars!
Yeah. I have seen first hand their eyes light up when a nice B-body is around. I've been looking around for a decent "Low Jack" solution to add security. But haven't seen the right product for me as yet.

Glad it's been found. Grand theft auto and across state lines - sic the feds on 'em

Necktie party at dawn?

Nothing will happen to them, they are good boys just having fun! Our fault for leaving our cars where they can get them. They are the victims.

Good news! Heard last night the car was found in Iowa about an hour drive from where it was taken. Have not heard if it is all in one piece still or not. I’ll update when I find out.
A little early but any update on condition of the car?

I've always wondered how it works with a stolen car. Obviously, this is not a 2010 Honda Accord. It's going to stick out like a sore thumb. Do the thieves try to re VIN the car or just sell its parts on the internet?

I've always wondered how it works with a stolen car. Obviously, this is not a 2010 Honda Accord. It's going to stick out like a sore thumb. Do the thieves try to re VIN the car or just sell its parts on the internet?
they get on the boards and ebay. Have you never wonder how someone has a perfect hood and fenders for sale?

they get on the boards and ebay. Have you never wonder how someone has a perfect hood and fenders for sale?
Imagine going online and seeing YOUR stuff advertised for sale...

Auto Transport Service
Back