• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 charger stripe

superbirdrag

Local time
8:30 AM
Reaction score
Hi
My charger is coded for a V6F green stripe . Does anyone have a idea what shade of green this is . I have the f6 paint chip ,bright poly green, is this the color of the stripe . When I google it I get a few cars with a flat pastel light green stripe .

IMG_0581.JPG

V6F - Longitudinal stripe, Green This is a challenger.. But I guess some idea of what it should look like
c0227.jpg

That one of three that I have found with the same color stripe. Why does it not match the f6 paint code ? Does Chrysler have a separate list of codes for the stripes ?

That one of three that I have found with the same color stripe. Why does it not match the f6 paint code ? Does Chrysler have a separate list of codes for the stripes ?
I'm pretty sure they were decals and not painted on.. Therefore no paint code just a code for the color of the stripe.

Correct, they are not painted on, but I cannot find any where that says that challenger stripe is the correct color. The only thing I find is the f6 paint code . Here is two more

IMG_1303.JPG IMG_1305.JPG

Looks like the chally and the charger are closer to the same color. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will come around and get it straight.

I was about to post a picture of the longitudinal tape stripe.. But you know what it is..

Last edited:
They are new at the hobby, I have talked to them before . The green stripe listing say available soon. They don't have one to send me a pics of . I will call again tomorrow. I posted on graveyard carz . We will see how smart they are . He brags on the tv show. That's if I get a answer. My problem is I want to do my 70 RT/SE original color and stripe . The paint similar to the car model stripe looks great. The three cars above with the pastel green look like . Them I will change paint it limelight or sassy green. The interior is also f8 green , it looks ok with the white exterior. Thanks for the help.

The stripe colors do not match the paint, even though they have the same codes. If you're looking at 1970, here is the Upholstery & Color selector page for Charger R/T. Coded V8F Green. I believe it is called "Ledger" green, have to dig up where that name is specified. Does your broadcast list V6F instead?

My EF8 Coronet has the V8F stripe.

70stripe.jpg

My 70 rt/se is EW1 white exterior and coded for a V6F longtitude stripe on the fender tag and on the broadcast sheet
EW1: White Exterior Color
EW1: White Top Color
A47: Special Edition Package
V6F: Longitudinal Stripes, Green

Do you know what color V6F is ?

Why did you choose EF6 paint to match, and not say, FJ6? Its tricky to pinpoint the stripe color because the unique colors are usually on the same color car (see it with Challengers like FM3/V6M, EB5/V6B) and that plays tricks on the eye. That Chally above looks like EF4 to me, so I don't know how far off V6F tape is from EF6. And also tape has no depth like paint.

I have only seen the stripes written as "green", so I would love more clarification too. It's logical to think only one vendor supplied tape for the 70 Dodge palette, so a Charger should have the same "F=green" as Challys and Super Bees, whether V8-bumblebee or V6-longitudinal, and your special package wasn't a dealer install. If someone has solved this please chime in. Haven't asked Phoenix and others what color they match, if any. There was a guy on one of these forums doing the odd colors a while back. I hope it was more than just a visual match of vinyl to pictures.

I posted pics from my Coronet, if you believe your Charger would have the same green. I have yet to see another F stripe in person to compare. The piece is from the interior trunk, so minimal fading. I placed it on 92-bright office paper, one on top of the original faded bumblebee, one on just original EF8.

20170504_112428.jpg 20170504_115318.jpg

I picked the F6 paint code because my stripe says vF6. Most other color stripes are the same color as the codes just with no gloss.
More info from other people is that : ledger green is the name given to the stripe color by the repo suppliers. Yes, I believe coronet,challenger,charger all have the Same color stripe . I was hoping that the different codes meant different green colors for the stripes . Green stripe on green paint vs a white car green stripe.
The piece of stripe from you trunk is the same as what I have come up with so far. I have seen a couple cars with blatantly non original green stripes on a mopar. If I leave the car original white I mat use the paint code to make the stripe,
Thanks for the help

My opinion is that the "ledger" green is a creamy-ish army-ish green, and might not look as good on the white. If you don't go numbers match, maybe trying the EF8 Dark Green paint to match your F8 Bayou Green interior would pop well on the white?

Sounds like you got the color described right. On white don't think I will like it .check the pic of the model I posted above . It close to the green f6 paint with silver on the inner stripe.

V6F - Longitudinal stripe, Green This is a challenger.. But I guess some idea of what it should look like
c0227.jpg
I own the Challenger in the photo. I had the stripes made in the 1980's by 3M after having the color verified by them. I will try to answer any questions you might have.

I think I have the answers I need, I got a picture of a original 70 charger with the stripe from 1970 .

Auto Transport Service
Back