• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1970 Charger w/572 & Passon 855

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beach Goat

Local time
10:17 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
1970 Dodge Charger, B5 Blue w/Bright Blue interior, bucket seats and console. Original quarters, fenders, hood, only trunk floor and rear window panel replaced. No bondo on this car, it was repainted in the early nineties and been garage kept ever since. Paint is gorgeous, body is straight. All chrome is intact, original, and in fantastic shape. The car is currently wearing a fiberglass six pack hood but comes with the stock hood which is in perfect shape.

Originally a 318/auto Charger 500, it is now an RT clone. From front to back:
+580" RB from a Mopar Mega Block. 4.5" bore/stroke. Ross pistons, Eagle crank, Indy 572-13 heads. Indy Dominator single plane manifold w/adaptor for 4150. 1000cfm AED prepped Holley four barrel. Comp Cam 264/268 .570/.572" lift. Fully built fuel return style fuel system, heavy duty custom radiator, Kooks custom 2 1/8" stepped to 2 1/4" long tube headers. MSD probillet distributor and 6AL2 box. Dyno tuned to 590rwhp.

+Passon five speed 855 overdrive manual transmission with Hurst pistol grip console shifter.

+Denny's Driveshaft custom high-rpm aluminum driveshaft.

+ Dana 60 with 4.10 gears

Interior:

+factory Rallye gauges, several replaced along with a full electrical system update. AFR and Temp gauges ahead of console. All gauges are functional and accurate.

+factory radio delete

+Bright Blue leather bucket seats and interior from a different 1970 Charger. No rips, no tears. Carpet in excellent condition.

Suspension:

+ all factory R/T suspension, new Bilstein shocks and Moog rubber bushings. Lower control arms have been boxed. PST heavy duty strut rods.

+Wilwood lightweight disc front brakes and stock big drum brakes rear. Manual brakes.

+Factory power steering.

+Basset lightweight 15" steel wheels

+welded subframe connectors

This car has been in my family since 1983, and been garage kept since 1994 when it received its Mega Block and fresh paint. It has accumulated perhaps 5000 miles since then. I am selling it because I can no longer perfom the necessary upkeep, I am no mechanic and the upkeep this car deserves is beyond me. Currently the only issues are as follows: It needs a front end alignment, and the carb runs very rich at WOT, might need a new power valve. Cruise and idle are beautiful and clean, but WOT is too rich and pulling secondary jetting out did not fix it.

This car is in incredible shape and has been in the same family in Virginia Beach for over 35 years and it shows. It was painted well, kept up well, and all work has been done with an eye to perfection. It deserves a new home with someone who can give it the care this old car needs. I'm in Virginia Beach VA.

Here's a link to the Craigslist ad which has my contact info and more pics: https://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/d/virginia-beach-1970-dodge-charger/7100148170.html

20180412_110843_Richtone(HDR)-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back