• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Coronet R/T full restoration

Nice work, I have a hard enough time finding 70 Coronet parts and getting them shipped to Hawaii. I can't imagine what you have to go through to get them to Germany

U r right......it was a stupid idea anyway building such a car in germany.but now I am getting better and better and learning from mistakes. Couple days ago my woodgrain elements arrived...dashboard, middle console and R/T door trims. Everything is cheep crap and nothing compares in colour or design to the other. Now I am gonna copy the woodgrain via airbrush here in germany . What a hazzle! It's killing my nerves but what can u you do, once u felt in love with an purple car from the 70?I think there is no remedy .or wait a minute.....maybe another car called 69roadrunner in vitamin c orange would help

Hmmm...those eye's......it's hopeless

IMG-20231108-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20231108-WA0013.jpg

Got to love the front end, just put new grilles from OER in mine they look and fit really nice.
20231013_185723.jpg
20231015_141713.jpg

U r right......it was a stupid idea anyway building such a car in germany.but now I am getting better and better and learning from mistakes. Couple days ago my woodgrain elements arrived...dashboard, middle console and R/T door trims. Everything is cheep crap and nothing compares in colour or design to the other. Now I am gonna copy the woodgrain via airbrush here in germany . What a hazzle! It's killing my nerves but what can u you do, once u felt in love with an purple car from the 70?I think there is no remedy .or wait a minute.....maybe another car called 69roadrunner in vitamin c orange would help
I know this tougher for you than us in the states. Look at Roseville moparts - perhaps if you send them a sample of the woodgrain - or muscle car technologies- they have different grains you can purchase vs doing what I think you're going to do. Worth an hour of research.

20230818_190533.jpg

Thx 4 the hint....but I am done with it. Its so expensive ordering stuff from the states....and it takes so long. And the newest stupidity here in germany is a Russian metal embargo. All the goods we order now which are coming out of Europe must be proofed that they have no metal or metal origins from Russia. If u cant proof it, your stuff won't pass the custom. And at this moment , there is no way to prove it. A lot of friends and speedshops here have that problem. So I will take my old stuff and airbrush it. Your RT looks great. And you have the original grill without the dodge lettering. Can't find that either...I had to order the reprogrill with the dodge lettering in the grill. I heard the RT never had that dodge embleme in the grill. But maybe just a rumor. But hey....we still got nice things over here in Europe....check the dress of the friendly woman infront of your car.....the print is from a picture called Sternennacht ( Starry Night) painted from the Dutch artist Vincent van Gogh . very cool dress.
Greetings from germany....as soon I finish the airbrush...I will post the work.

Hi there from germany. All the paperwork is done and one test drive hunts the next. But it's getting better and better. The woodgrain problem is solved. A friend of mine copied the woodgrain but not with airbrush....he did it with a paintbrush. Now my hole woodgrain inside of the car is painted by hand. That was so crazy to watch..how he did that. Like a German Bob Ross.the work looks awesome and wonderfull.
Greetings from germany

20240206_171917.jpg

20240206_171923.jpg

IMG-20240313-WA0022.jpg

Screenshot_20240403_150603_Facebook.jpg

IMG-20240403-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20240313-WA0023.jpg

Hi there from germany. All the paperwork is done and one test drive hunts the next. But it's getting better and better. The woodgrain problem is solved. A friend of mine copied the woodgrain but not with airbrush....he did it with a paintbrush. Now my hole woodgrain inside of the car is painted by hand. That was so crazy to watch..how he did that. Like a German Bob Ross.the work looks awesome and wonderfull.
Greetings from germany

Screenshot_20240426_112810_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240426_112814_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240426_112817_Gallery.jpg

After I finished my car.....I will learn how to use my mobile phone correctly....sry....double post somehow

The car looks fantastic. Its a huge challenge to take on a restoration like that in Germany, so congratulations to you for that. I am sure all of the extra shipping and customs charges hurt your wallet, but the car is amazing so worth it.

Auto Transport Service
Back