• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 coronet RT uper door panel trim colour?

CoronetR/T70

Local time
9:02 AM
Reaction score
Hi there, I would like to ask, if somebody knows which colour the original uper door panel trim on a 1970 coronet rt had? The 70 rt had that woodgrain panel on the upper side of the doors. Right under that part, is a trim panel.....on most pictures is that trim panel stainless steal. But on my RT, which had pretty original interior the upper door panel trims are black. They don't look like someone painted them. On the internet I just can find modern pics from RTs and they al have stainless uper door panel trims but all the cars are restorated. Does anybody knows something about black uper door panel trims? I hope u guys know what I mean....my English is not that good anymore .there is a picture of a 70 coronet RT with STAINLESS steel uper door panel trim.
Greetings from germany, Markus

Screenshot_20230811_214054_Gallery.jpg

The trim in ccolors is from a base level car, the Coronet Deluxe. The R/T and 500 should have stainless steel.

Ok....so again another riddle here in germany is solved . Thx a lot for that quick answer. Now I know what to do. Great....greetings, markus

Auto Transport Service
Back