• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Daytona Replica

salteen_dude

Local time
8:40 AM
Reaction score
Well the only camera I have is on my flip phone. So for now, I'm writing all this on my computer.

Picked up a 1970 Charger for $5000. Rust free, has the daytona body kit on it. Car is not the original color, not sure on the original color
Both fenders have dents, the hood has a ding in the dead center that's annoying me. And the nose is busted on the bottom side. The wing is perfect.

I picked up a 440 6 pack short block assembly last week for $1000. 84k miles from an actual 6 pack 440 car. With oil pan.

After work today I got some 906 heads I found on marketplace, guy wound up having valve covers, alternator and ps bracket, timing cover, and some other stuff for $500.

I'm doing some cam shopping tonight. I can do my own machine work, my buddy has a shop and all the machines to do maxhine work. The bores are good on my block so we are gonna hone it, deck the top, align bore the caps, and polish the crank and balance the rods. He wants $250 for all of that. So that means I need to order pistons too.

I found a 6 pack intake system for $800. Carbs included. Gonna reach for that for sure!

Tomorrow at work I'm gonna borrow the big sand blaster we have and sand blast / wash my timing cover, valve covers, and other misc parts.

That's all for right now. I'll get some pictures or a cheap camera some time soon. I do not like cell phones haha.

-Paul

"1970 Daytona Replica"
You do realize there was no such thing as a 1970 Daytona, right?
Can't be a replica if there was no original.
You realize what a replica is, right? It replicates the original. There was no 70 daytona but there was a 69 daytona. It took 3 brain cells to think of that. Not everything has to be down to the Tee of the year. It's a daytona replica. Doesn't matter what year. It's got a big nose cone, a big wing and some fake fender scoops, to replicate a daytona.

The whole point of the word "replica" is that there was not one in 1970.

Just use some common sense!

Sounds neat- I’m looking forward to the pics. The best deals are word of mouth too. Right place, right time.

You don't know me, or you'd not be questioning anything to do with my intellect - or command of the language.
To the point:
Words mean things, to quote Samuel Delany.
In this case, the word you've chosen to misuse is "replicate":
rep·li·ca [ˈrepləkə]
NOUN

An exact copy or model of something.
As one with "3 brain cells" can plainly see, in the use of the word replica, it is important to be "down to the Tee"...
it is impossible to replicate something that never existed to begin with - and a 1970 Daytona never existed.

By comparison, a 1969 Daytona certainly did exist - and therefore can theoretically be replicated (and most
certainly has, more than once).

I'd suggest instead using a descriptor such as the popular "clone" or "tribute" or something along those lines instead.
I'd also suggest avoiding ad hominem phrases in dialogue with folks, too.
I feel as though I know you Ed. :popcorn2:

You don't know me, or you'd not be questioning anything to do with my intellect - or command of the language.
To the point:
Words mean things, to quote Samuel Delany.
In this case, the word you've chosen to misuse is "replicate":
rep·li·ca [ˈrepləkə]
NOUN

An exact copy or model of something.
As one with "3 brain cells" can plainly see, in the use of the word replica, it is important to be "down to the Tee"...
it is impossible to replicate something that never existed to begin with - and a 1970 Daytona never existed.

By comparison, a 1969 Daytona certainly did exist - and therefore can theoretically be replicated (and most
certainly has, more than once).

I'd suggest instead using a descriptor such as the popular "clone" or "tribute" or something along those lines instead.
I'd also suggest avoiding ad hominem phrases in dialogue with folks, too.
Jesus christ on a motorbike, you knew what I was talking about the instant I said it. Just shut up and stop being so unbearable, nobody cares! Lol. I'd suggest minding your own business.

"Oh my God, he called it a 1970 charger replica, not a one of 73 1970 dodge charger se 340 automatic with a former 440 swap, and former manual transmission swap, with a clone daytona body kit. The world must come to a halt until this is resolved" -Probably you

No offense to you but yeah, you look pretty dumb trying to correct people over one word. That's 3 brain cell activity.

If I wasn't a saved man I'd probably have some Marlboro Red language strewn out in there. I also don't know the group rules against cursing lol.

If you care about it being so correct, come buy the car and then you can call it whatever the h-e-double hockey sticks you want!

When one posts on a worldwide-accessible forum, it would be illogical to expect folks to "mind their own business".
In regards to this mental pissing contest you insist on getting all worked up over, I'd suggest you've already lost
the game - after all, in any debate, if one side has to resort to personal insults, they're already toast.

Looky here...
It's a simple enough concept to understand - you used a word incorrectly amongst a post meant to boast and brag of your
mighty conquests out there in Mopar parts world.
I like picking fun of chest-thumpers.
Turns out, you're an easy one. :)
I'm done. Enjoy the rest of your day, good sir.
Wasn't thumping your chest at all, merely annoyed by the fact you antagonize me over something so trivial and stupid. Either way your the one who looks dumb arguing with strangers over common sense. But of course your too "logical" for that. Or whatever terms you may come up with.

One could argue that you were chest thumping me with your first response, acting a fool over a single word nobody cares about.

You remind me of that one kid in high school who got his tail end beat because he wouldn't shut up about "well technically".

Thanks for ruining my thread. I think I'm going to see my way out of this forum. I have no use for people like you.

Good day

Bye.

well bye.jpg

Hey if you are going to sell it I will give you $6000 for it ??

I used to have a Daytona wanna be project I let go a little while ago and would not mind finding another one

"1970 Daytona Replica"
You do realize there was no such thing as a 1970 Daytona, right?
Can't be a replica if there was no original.
That is MCGs opinion, I believe that there were three 70 Daytona Charger cars built that were meant to be factory show cars, this was also the belief of the wingcar community until MCG did their articles and drew their own conclusions. I believe that the 70 Showcar Daytona Chargers were sold off just before making the show circuit because the 1970 Federal crash bumper standards changed and Chrysler was no longer allowed to build wing cars,after January 1st of 1970,as well as Nascar rule changes that essentially banned the wingcars from competition. It is well documented that Chrysler built many one off showcars like these and sold them off to the public when they no longer had a use for them,most have been found and still exist intact to this day.

3093597C-68D7-4CB0-B9F1-4F815AFB4A3F.jpeg

70daytona3.jpg

70daytona4.jpg

00001.jpg

Last edited:
It's a 70 replica of a 69 Daytona. Pretty simple.

Maybe the OP should have said tribute? Would that fly?

Salteen_dude,don't let anyone discourage you, build your dream Mopar. You have scored some real bargains and you are off to a great start.

Hey if you are going to sell it I will give you $6000 for it ??

I used to have a Daytona wanna be project I let go a little while ago and would not mind finding another one
I've got 6500 in the car as it sits right now so I couldn't do that. Plus me and you both know I got a deal.

I'm not dropping the hobby or the build. Just not going to post any progress on here if any of my attempts at posting such are going to be overshadowed by some retired asshole that can't get over the fact someone said a word wrong, and therefore feel like they must create an unbearable argument with a random teenager he's never met online.

Excuse my french but that's pretty fuck1ng
r-tart3d if you ask me.

So I'll just pop in if I have questions, enjoy the builds and maybe when it's finished I'll post it up. That way nobody gets offended if I say something wrong. I think that's pretty fair.

It's sad a young man can't join a group without some boomer getting his britches full of skid mark over some trivial dumb $h1t. But hey life's a b1tch huh?

Enough to turn a preacher sour! Lol. Sorry this thread went south. If it goes any further I'm just gonna delete it. Might do that in a few days anyways for the sanctity of the forum.

Most on the forum encourage young people to get into the hobby. We would enjoy following your build,I am building a replica of the purple 70 Charger Daytona sunroof car myself. Don't let one member discourage you.

20221210_163848.jpg

20221001_141044.jpg

20230723_174258.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back