• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Daytona Replica

That is MCGs opinion, I believe that there were three 70 Daytona Charger cars built that were meant to be factory show cars, this was also the belief of the wingcar community until MCG did their articles and drew their own conclusions. I believe that the 70 Showcar Daytona Chargers were sold off just before making the show circuit because the 1970 Federal crash bumper standards changed and Chrysler was no longer allowed to build wing cars,after January 1st of 1970,as well as Nascar rule changes that essentially banned the wingcars from competition. It is well documented that Chrysler built many one off showcars like these and sold them off to the public when they no longer had a use for them,most have been found and still exist intact to this day.

View attachment 1538277

View attachment 1538278

View attachment 1538279

View attachment 1538281
That's pretty cool! Either way it replicates a Daytona or superbird packaged car. Same idea. A b body "coke bottle" styled car with a nose cone and a wing to help increase the aerodynamics of an otherwise brick of a car, in an attempt to create a very fast Nascar, which was so successful it was banned!

I'd say it replicates one of those models pretty well wetter it's a 1969 or a 1970 or whatever it is. It's a replica.

I know some guys that would find a 69, slap a body kit on it and try to pawn it as a true 'tona car. Lol

On that note, I am between transmission options. There is no transmission. I'm set on the 6 pack system, 906 heads. Got to make a cam choice and pistons choice. Need to know if I need to do any head work. Lots going on lol!

Most on the forum encourage young people to get into the hobby. We would enjoy following your build,I am building a replica of the purple 70 Charger Daytona sunroof car myself. Don't let one member discourage you.
I'm not, just remembered why I don't like people lol

I'm people. @salteen_dude when you build a car, you write the rule book. It's your choices, start to finish. If you want a clone tribute replica of a Purple People Eatermobile, so be it. If it's a fake imitation of an artificial substitute, no problem. If it's a 70 Daytona replica, then it's a 70
Daytona replica. Personally, I wish I had your skills and ambition. My guess is that your finished car will be cool as hell and it will be yours! Best of luck with the build and there are members here who'd love for you to share it with us.

I've got 6500 in the car as it sits right now so I couldn't do that. Plus me and you both know I got a deal.

I'm not dropping the hobby or the build. Just not going to post any progress on here if any of my attempts at posting such are going to be overshadowed by some retired asshole that can't get over the fact someone said a word wrong, and therefore feel like they must create an unbearable argument with a random teenager he's never met online.

Excuse my french but that's pretty fuck1ng
r-tart3d if you ask me.

So I'll just pop in if I have questions, enjoy the builds and maybe when it's finished I'll post it up. That way nobody gets offended if I say something wrong. I think that's pretty fair.

It's sad a young man can't join a group without some boomer getting his britches full of skid mark over some trivial dumb $h1t. But hey life's a b1tch huh?

Enough to turn a preacher sour! Lol. Sorry this thread went south. If it goes any further I'm just gonna delete it. Might do that in a few days anyways for the sanctity of the forum.
I’m sorry for all the crap thrown at you. But as I said. My totally motivation about actually working on my stuff comes from seeing you guys out doing me on a daily basis. Lol. Keep posting pics. And progress. My 71 roadrunner wouldn’t have the AC in it without guys posting pics and builds. And the wife’s elcamino wouldn’t be getting close without the motivation from seeing others. Keep posting.

IMG_5009.jpeg

IMG_4403.png

IMG_3069.jpeg

One day I want to do what you are doing but find a 71 Satellite and build a 71 wing car. Love all the wing cars.

IMG_5694.png

My old beast and my replacement project 1970 with 440 6 pack 4 speed set up in it now :)

Yes you did mange to get a good deal on your starting point car
Lets hope it is as nice as you hope it is when you get to the point of cleaning it down to bare metal to know what you really have

IMG_20230613_120645726_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230616_111054696_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230825_150650551.jpg

Salteen, I welcome the project you bought and the fact you are a young gun. You could have been a typical youngster and bought a ricer/tuner but you latched onto something cool instead. Hopefully the soapbox crower steps off of his podium and has the decency to apologize.

Most on the forum encourage young people to get into the hobby. We would enjoy following your build,I am building a replica of the purple 70 Charger Daytona sunroof car myself. Don't let one member discourage you.

View attachment 1538293

View attachment 1538294

View attachment 1538297
Keep up the good work kid
don't let the petty **** get to you

most here are good helpful people

someone must have had a bad day,
too deep into it NOW, to admit they are wrong

70 Daytona Charger Red - Scat Pack Brochure Advert. #1.jpg

70 Daytona Charger Red - Scat City Dodge advert. #1.jpg

treat it as, water off of a ducks back

we have a few spelling/grammar NAZIs too, every site does

What's the VIN on the 440 Block? I am looking for my original
Had no motor, I'm not sure what was original. I'll have to grab the vin later. I'm going to buy a cellphone this weekend and then grab the photos. First time using one in a year and a half. Lol!

Well the only camera I have is on my flip phone. So for now, I'm writing all this on my computer.

Picked up a 1970 Charger for $5000. Rust free, has the daytona body kit on it. Car is not the original color, not sure on the original color
Both fenders have dents, the hood has a ding in the dead center that's annoying me. And the nose is busted on the bottom side. The wing is perfect.

I picked up a 440 6 pack short block assembly last week for $1000. 84k miles from an actual 6 pack 440 car. With oil pan.

After work today I got some 906 heads I found on marketplace, guy wound up having valve covers, alternator and ps bracket, timing cover, and some other stuff for $500.

I'm doing some cam shopping tonight. I can do my own machine work, my buddy has a shop and all the machines to do maxhine work. The bores are good on my block so we are gonna hone it, deck the top, align bore the caps, and polish the crank and balance the rods. He wants $250 for all of that. So that means I need to order pistons too.

I found a 6 pack intake system for $800. Carbs included. Gonna reach for that for sure!

Tomorrow at work I'm gonna borrow the big sand blaster we have and sand blast / wash my timing cover, valve covers, and other misc parts.

That's all for right now. I'll get some pictures or a cheap camera some time soon. I do not like cell phones haha.

-Paul
Hmmm, Just the specific year only 1970 Valve covers for that price seems to be a score....
Yeah, good "car" to score Big Guy!
Congradulations!

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Hmmm, Just the specific year only 1970 Valve covers for that price seems to be a score....
Congradulations!
Just my opinion. I think the big block Mopars had the ugliest factory valve covers of all the American V8’s from the original Muscle Car era.

Congradulations!
Technically I paid 500 for the valve covers but I got heads brackets timing cover oil pan dual point distributor and some other stuff for free with it lol. So when you break it down I paid like $40 for the valve covers.
They're just standard peices off of a random 440.

Auto Transport Service
Back