• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Dodge Charger SE VIN locations

Anthony

Local time
11:04 PM
Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering the locations of the ViN numbers. I have the title and the dash, radiator support and fender tag all match. No door sticker and the trunk VIN doesn't match. Although I can tell the driver door has been swapped and the quarters have been cut. Anything on the fire wall? Should I be concerned about the other 2 Vins not matching? I bought it from an intermediate person but ran the VIN through the registry and it looks like a 2 owner car both related. They live in the same state so I can reach out to them for some history about the car.

Thanks!
Anthony

Vin will only be on the trunk gutter and on the radiator support. If it's obvious the quarters were change, I wouldn't worry too much. If there front radiator support was changed or the numbers ground off, it may be time to worry.

Hard to see with the paint on the car, but the numbers are close to the center of the radiator support, though driver side.

IMG_6037.JPG

The 70' has one more spot. Open the hood, look on the driver side upper cowling near where the windshield washer hose is. My 70' Challenger had the last six numbers stamped there.

image.jpeg
The Thanks everyone! I did put some stripper on the firewall but all the photo I have seen that's a Challenger spot. Here she is!

The 70' has one more spot. Open the hood, look on the driver side upper cowling near where the windshield washer hose is. My 70' Challenger had the last six numbers stamped there.

I am pretty sure that is only on the E body stuff. B body was the same from 68-70 (trunk gutter, rad support, fender tag). 68 had the SO number vs. the VIN but same idea. Also, remember that the die number for the stamp is located on the outside of the gutter rail in the trunk as well. Atleast mine was, so the small little number stamped that you can see with the trunk gasket on isn't the actual VIN stamping. That's just the number of the die used to stamp the VIN stamping.

Auto Transport Service
Back