• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Dodge Charger value with no title

Register in it Vermont. You can do it on the internet. You’ll get a title in the mail.
What happened when you tried? How did they not accept a title in your name?
You don’t get a title in your name from Vermont. You get a transferable registration.

Vermont is one state that doesn’t issue a title for cars older than 15 years.

You don’t get a title in your name from Vermont. You get a transferable registration.

Vermont is one state that doesn’t issue a title for cars older than 15 years.
Same thing- we have transferrable registration here in NY for cars up to 73. It is treated just like a title as far as ownership document

Wow Just Wow!!

Last year I sold my Friend's widows 69 Matching Number (Clean title)
Rust Free Original Paint 383 Post Auto that ran like a top and had 42,000
miles but just had a 1/4 panel dent and need some reupholster
of seats. It took me a while on these sites to get $9,000.
out here in Nevada for the widow!! Lots of $4,000 or $5,000 Offers!
Looking for what was for sale elsewhere and the estimates of value
everwhere it should have brought every penny of $20,000 or more.

I have a 50,000 mile H Code 340 Duster 4 speed less engine but
4 Speed/ 355 Posi that is nice (need interior) rust free pretty darn
straight that I can not get even $5,000 for out here in Nevada where
cars do not rust and are dry. It has been on the Sites for Months and
even offered to deliver it 1500 Miles.
I have not even had an offer over $3,500 for a good car!

Too bad I do not live back East!

Last edited:
To me on project cars like this it all comes down to how much of the restoration can you do yourself ?
If your paying for most all work, body , interior , mechanical it will be a surprise how fast the moneys goes.
As for the title , like the guys posted check with your DMV here in Iowa bonded titles are not hard to get.

He's trying to flip it in another thread and on eBay, so it seems he got whatever answer he needed

How we doing fellas need some advice I found a 1970 charger 383 auto that needs rear quarters and floors. Believed to have matching numbers drivetrain but Not running needs full resto. What the market on something like this I don’t know what to offer and I don’t want to affine the gentlemen. Also charger has no title but did check the vin and hasn’t been registered in about 24 years and not reported stolen. Any help would be greatly appreciated and as always mopar or no car. Here is a pic of the car.

View attachment 1344506
IN MANY STATES U CAN NOT BUY OR SELL A CAR WITH OUT A TITLE SO BEWAY . CHECK YR STATE RUES ABOUT THAT . IN MOST CASES U HAVE TO APPLY FOR A LOST TITLE THEN LET HOPETHE LAST REGEREST OWNER IS SYILL ALIVE & IS WILLING TO SIN IT OVER TO U . OTHER WIZ ALL ITS GOOD GFOR IS A RACE CAR & THEN IT MAY BE ILLAGLE

IN MANY STATES U CAN NOT BUY OR SELL A CAR WITH OUT A TITLE SO BEWAY . CHECK YR STATE RUES ABOUT THAT . IN MOST CASES U HAVE TO APPLY FOR A LOST TITLE THEN LET HOPETHE LAST REGEREST OWNER IS SYILL ALIVE & IS WILLING TO SIN IT OVER TO U . OTHER WIZ ALL ITS GOOD GFOR IS A RACE CAR & THEN IT MAY BE ILLAGLE
@Kern Dog...calling @Kern Dog, need some input here.

I was given a car in trade for some mechanical work. No title. Before I spent a dime on the car I spent a lot of time on the phone and at DMV.
Turns out the car was sold many years back by a used car dealer employee out the back door. The title was never transferred. Over the years the car changed hands a few times. After tracking down the original dealer who had the title, he said he wanted the car back as he still had the pink. I gave the car back to the guy that gave it to me.
You never know what the story is behind a car with no title. Obviously it has one, you just have to find out who has it.

NO Title can be PITA depends what state. But 5k+ for a rotted 383 that will take 60+k to restore... Lesson in futility..

@Kern Dog...calling @Kern Dog, need some input here.
Ha ha.
SO tempting!
76DCF0B8-BE76-4FA3-9E57-FDC0CB886087.png

A while back uncle Tony's garage on YouTube did a Vermont title acquirement video was very well laid out suggest you go back and look at that one should be no problem the way it sounded which was very good news to me because I did not know any other way to do it

Offend?
The market is wide open on these cars. There are some crazy "asking" prices, that is for certain. I don't know how often the sellers get close to those prices. What used to be considered a stupid, delusional, greedy asking price just seems to keep showing up.
In 2019 I bought a wrecked '70 Charger that had been sitting for 24 years. I paid $5000 for mine. I had to replace everything from the firewall forward, rebuild the engine, install brakes front and rear, replace the trunk floor and install wiring. I now have around $10,000 in this car. It runs, drives, stops and steers just fine. It is mechanically sound but needs paint and interior work.

View attachment 1344507

View attachment 1344508

Regarding the title, that will vary from one state to another. Here in CA, there are actually numerous ways to transfer ownership and it is easier than I've heard it is in other states.
Texas is a great state from what I hear. You may have good luck. Maybe the state Department of Motor Vehicles has a website you can check?
Are you considering selling?

How we doing fellas need some advice I found a 1970 charger 383 auto that needs rear quarters and floors. Believed to have matching numbers drivetrain but Not running needs full resto. What the market on something like this I don’t know what to offer and I don’t want to affine the gentlemen. Also charger has no title but did check the vin and hasn’t been registered in about 24 years and not reported stolen. Any help would be greatly appreciated and as always mopar or no car. Here is a pic of the car.

View attachment 1344506
Go to your state DMV first to find out the process for getting a title.

Wow Just Wow!!

Last year I sold my Friend's widows 69 Matching Number (Clean title)
Rust Free Original Paint 383 Post Auto that ran like a top and had 42,000
miles but just had a 1/4 panel dent and need some reupholster
of seats. It took me a while on these sites to get $9,000.
out here in Nevada for the widow!! Lots of $4,000 or $5,000 Offers!
Looking for what was for sale elsewhere and the estimates of value
everwhere it should have brought every penny of $20,000 or more.

I have a 50,000 mile H Code 340 Duster 4 speed less engine but
4 Speed/ 355 Posi that is nice (need interior) rust free pretty darn
straight that I can not get even $5,000 for out here in Nevada where
cars do not rust and are dry. It has been on the Sites for Months and
even offered to deliver it 1500 Miles.
I have not even had an offer over $3,500 for a good car!

Too bad I do not live back East!
I’d have to see this 9k car to figure this out. I’m not believing it was a 69 rr post car. A satellite will bring a good bit less than a rr.

I’d have to see this 9k car to figure this out. I’m not believing it was a 69 rr post car. A satellite will bring a good bit less than a rr.
beware with out a title it may be illegal for u to own it . in many states u cant sell a car even for scrap with out a title

So in the space of one day, you are looking at this car, Post a thread asking what the car might be worth, buy the car, and then turn around and offer it for sale - possibly without the chance to see what the opinions might be?

I just want to make sure that I have that all correct and that same order here..... :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back