• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 green go bee restoration starting

SPAULDO

Local time
3:35 AM
Reaction score
I've been squirreling away parts for my 70 Bee that I will start to restore this spring. These one year only parts tend to be quite hard to find but I believe that I've found the majority of what I'm missing. I have a 68 cuda custom mod that is also in the finishing stages of a 4 plus year resto that has to be my main focus for now but I always seem to find time to direct some of my attention to this Bee. It's a real FJ6 Green Go 383 4 speed LA built hardtop car that has been neglected for far to many years. I'm waiting for my paperwork to get back from Govier which might not tell me a whole bunch but it is the only FJ6 Bee that I have ever seen. Any one else ever seen this color 70 Bee??
Vin: WM23NOE139457
Fender Tag: N43 R11 V6F Y16 END
FJ6 J25 J45 M21 M42 N41
FJ6 H2XW EW1 406 103169
E63 D21 WM23 NOE 139547

Attachments

• VIN TAG 007.jpg
    VIN TAG 007.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 925
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 898
  • 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 1,031
  • 041.jpg
    041.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 1,014
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 851
Wow, beautiful car! Dont think I have ever seen another one that color originally. How those rear frame rails look?

I will be replacing them instead of patching, someone decided to put some shag carpeting down for a trunk liner and I don't think I need to tell you what the end result was.As you can see the longitudenal stripes even got a special reverse affect by someone. These stripes were originally V6F green.I found a website www.andy440.com that had a 1970 Super Bee colors and numbers produced for US sales (Y05) stating that they only made 21 hard tops and 11 coupes in this color, making this color even more rare than Panther Pink in the hardtop verion if this chart is correct?

I had a Top Banana 70 Bee. 383 Auto, bench, A/C, hood pins, black int and top. Miss that car much. Really like Go Green/Sassy Grass. I think maybe better than lime!

Really like Go Green/Sassy Grass. I think maybe better than lime![/QUOTE]

X2

WOW!!!
Someone took some real "creative license" with that "C" stripe extension and uglied it up.

That color looks great on that year/car. Looks like you got your hands full. Good luck moving forward.

This one will be fun to watch, good luck with it, Love that car, great color combo.

that will be an excellent color for that body once you get to the point of applying paint.

I also have a V6F Ledger green strip Bee but its green,if you go to the SuperBee Registry you can search by stripe,color,model..etc... I believe that there was only a few V6F cars made...check it out PM me if you have any stuff you might want to sell...always looking...

Russ

PROGRESS REPORT
Not much happening with the Bee, I've been trying to keep my fingers out of it so I can finish my 68 Cuda. I have sent the bumpers out for chrome and purchased some sheet metal.

1970 fj6 green go bee on it's way to restoration

PROGRESS REPORT
Not much happening with the Bee, I've been trying to keep my fingers out of it so I can finish my 68 Cuda. I have sent the bumpers out for chrome and purchased some sheet metal.

Saved my pennies and I saved my dimes! The Green Go Bee will be looking proper by this time next year but will have a few upgrades to make it even more desireable. Year correct 440 six pack, 18 spline hemi 4 speed and as much as I hate to say a donor car to rob all of my one year only goodies off of!011.jpgGREEN-GO BEE 010.jpg011.jpg

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 344
Is that a smash up derby wheel on the front?..LOL
any work done to the sheet metal at all?

Spauldo,

Interesting project, I'd like to know more about it's progress!

Thanks
FJ6N96

Auto Transport Service
Back