• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 GTX Super Performance Axle Package

larris

Local time
9:46 AM
Reaction score
Hello,

Would anyone have production numbers for a 1970 GTX with the A32 Super Performance Axle Package option or know how many 1970's had this option?

No. Ma Mopar didn't keep track of each option that well. Model, engine, transmission, and a percentage of color is about all that is available.

440/440+6/hemi cars with HD 727 came standard with 8-3/4, most had 3.55, some 3.23
what I heard over lots of years was the A32 package (since its 4.10) was not optioned very much unless someone was purchasing the car to race (track or otherwise)
or they were just clicking all the option boxes .. :)

my 70 440 Sixpack Challenger had the A32 package and when Galen was doing his report for my car, he said the A32 axle package was more special than the standard Dana axle (or 4.10 axle) for a 4 speed car.

But as stated above - unfortunately no data stored. You might be able to email Galen and see if he can do a breakdown of all the A32 cars he has in the registry.....

Bill

Auto Transport Service
Back