• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 road runner steering wheel to column assembly question

Jimclo2002

Local time
10:14 PM
Reaction score
1970 road runner steering wheel to column assembly photos needed

the 3 spoke steering wheel cover ( that includes round runner picture on it) that goes over the steering wheel. something does not seem right. there 3 notches that show metal so when you push the 3 spoke thus will make a connection that engages the horn. The notches don't line up.
am i missing something here. Any guidance would help

Thanks for the help

Jim

I have the same wheel on mine. Did you take it apart?? If so, the mounting plate can be rotated around to the proper position.

Chuck

I have the same wheel on mine. Did you take it apart?? If so, the mounting plate can be rotated around to the proper position.

Chuck
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi Chuck

Which mounting plate are you referring too?

Thanks Jim

- - - Updated - - -

70_Belevedere0026.jpg

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi Chuck

Thanks Jim

I'll check mine & let you know. You need to remove the RR button & horn ring. They attach to a round spring loaded mechanism. Make sure that is mounted correctly. The ground wire attaches inside of that. When you press the horn ring, it grounds it & blows the horn. I'm trying to find a pix of it for you.

Chuck

Hi Chuck

Thanks Jim

I'll check mine & let you know. You need to remove the RR button & horn ring. They attach to a round spring loaded mechanism. Make sure that is mounted correctly. The ground wire attaches inside of that. When you press the horn ring, it grounds it & blows the horn. I'm trying to find a pix of it for you.

Chuck
------------------------------------------
That's chuck looking forward to see the pictures.
Thanks for all your help
Jim

Auto Transport Service
Back