• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 roadrunner vin check

LilSolian

Local time
8:11 AM
Reaction score
I recently bought a 68 rr, blindly.:mumum: The guy who sold it to me sold it to me with 2 engines, a 440 and a supposed matching # 383. After doing my homework I've decoded the engine it is a 383 1970 rr "la" engine built by Windsor in Ontario Canada. Now this is a major throw in the air to find the car this engine belongs to but HOPEFULLY if that car is still around and not crushed maybe the owner will Google the vin number and maybe land on here so the vin # of the car this engine belongs to is, RM21H0R126449

Idk I'd like for this engine to return to its original car but that car just might be crushed or wrecked hopefully not. If anyone has a carfax account run that vin and see where that car might be. Pm me if you've found the car this engine belongs to I'll return it for free to the owner if the car is still around I'm gonna give this 5 years other wise machine shop bore out pro street race engine it'll be.

If I'm in forum violation for posting full vin number sorry just trying to help match a car with It's engine

Post such info at your own risk.

Good luck on your search.

I recently bought a 68 rr, blindly.:mumum: The guy who sold it to me sold it to me with 2 engines, a 440 and a supposed matching # 383. After doing my homework I've decoded the engine it is a 383 1970 rr "la" engine built by Windsor in Ontario Canada. Now this is a major throw in the air to find the car this engine belongs to but HOPEFULLY if that car is still around and not crushed maybe the owner will Google the vin number and maybe land on here so the vin # of the car this engine belongs to is, RM21H0R126449

Idk I'd like for this engine to return to its original car but that car just might be crushed or wrecked hopefully not. If anyone has a carfax account run that vin and see where that car might be. Pm me if you've found the car this engine belongs to I'll return it for free to the owner if the car is still around I'm gonna give this 5 years other wise machine shop bore out pro street race engine it'll be.

If I'm in forum violation for posting full vin number sorry just trying to help match a car with It's engine

383 "la" 383 is a "b" "la" is small block.

... the vin number and maybe land on here so the vin # of the car this engine belongs to is, RM21H0R126449

You might want to check that VIN again. 1970 RR's were built at Lynch Road (A plant) LA (E plant) or ST. Louis (G) plant. RR's weren't built at the Windsor plant (R plant) until 71.

Attachments

• numbers.jpg
    numbers.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 463
Must be getting years wrong 1968 or 1969 H code is for 383 -4 HP...
]
NO the fifth digit is the engine code, IE V is 440-6. This cannot be an H code, which is 340.

Right out of the factory manual:

That's the thing the VIN he gave us, if he printed it correctly for year is a 70 VIN. H cannot be correct for 70, so maybe the year digit he gave us is wrong. I'd say "take another look at that VIN"

Auto Transport Service
Back