• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 RR Quarter panel extension studs

dasol7172

Local time
5:07 AM
Reaction score
Hello again. I have another set of thing that I can seem to find or show up on ebay or the reproduction sites. From the picture.. (not mine from ebay) The studs that go into the quarter panel extension its self.. what are those called and are they reproduced or should I just try and find something that works? Mine were drilled out by the shop as the studs were broken.

s-l1600.jpg

Hello again. I have another set of thing that I can seem to find or show up on ebay or the reproduction sites. From the picture.. (not mine from ebay) The studs that go into the quarter panel extension its self.. what are those called and are they reproduced or should I just try and find something that works? Mine were drilled out by the shop as the studs were broken.

View attachment 1024786
Those studs are cast into the extension.

I'm with the others, I think all the end cap studs were part of the casting and used thread cutting nuts. Here's some studs for the dual hood scoops though, I don't see why you couldn't use these or something like them if the studs are already gone.

https://www.yearone.com/Product/chrysler-b-body/mt129

Last edited:
ahh man i was afraid of that. Ok so those ones you listed could work i would imagine.. But i guess I will find a work around. Thanks for the info!

It looks like there is enough material there to drill and tap them for threaded rod, like 10-24 size. I have never done those but have done the tailights which are smaller studs. One issue is when they cast then the inside of the stud is hollow sometimes, so base you rod size on that to get a good bite. But the right bit and tap and use cutting fluid, go 1 turn, remove tap, clean tap, 1 turn and so on, if you try to go too fast you will clean the threads off when backing the tap out. Use a little 2k body sealer on them between the qtr when you bolt them back on and you are good to go. I like sem 39377 seam sealer, not cheap but you can do a nice job with it. I stress a little seam seal, not a 1/2" bead.

Auto Transport Service
Back