• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Super Bee color production numbers…

ericisback

Local time
2:44 PM
Reaction score
This chart was recently posted on another forum. Anyone ever seen it before, and does anyone have any idea if the info is accurate:

IMG_2776.jpeg

I don't think actual numbers were kept.

Percentages is all I've seen for color.

This chart was recently posted on another forum. Anyone ever seen it before, and does anyone have any idea if the info is accurate:

View attachment 1632105

Colors were recorded for model year 1970 and recorded as percentages on the original Options and Accessories reports. The numbers as reported on that chart are derived from multiplying the percentage times the known production (I.E. 9.4% of 1,000 Super Bee coupes made were painted EB3 giving us 94 cars)

As there is a rounding error when using percentages like this, the numbers are relatively accurate estimates as to actual production. The actual number produced could be slightly higher or lower but you can get pretty close to the number produced.

So, yes. that chart is probably pretty accurate.

1970 Coronet Deluxe-440-Bee_6-crop.jpeg

Colors were recorded for model year 1970 and recorded as percentages on the original Options and Accessories reports. The numbers as reported on that chart are derived from multiplying the percentage times the known production (I.E. 9.4% of 1,000 Super Bee coupes made were painted EB3 giving us 94 cars)

As there is a rounding error when using percentages like this, the numbers are relatively accurate estimates as to actual production. The actual number produced could be slightly higher or lower but you can get pretty close to the number produced.

So, yes. that chart is probably pretty accurate.

View attachment 1632306
Is it possible to get a copy of the 1970 Coronet Options and Accessories report? Even though the percentages are not exact numbers, they would be extremely helpful in documenting a car.

Auto Transport Service
Back