• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Super Bee pitchfork hood scoop questions

Local time
5:51 AM
Reaction score
I really like the 1970 Super Bee R/T pitchfork hood scoop, and was wondering if a 1970 hood could be modified to fit a 1969 Coronet 500. Is there a good way to install the 1970 scoop on a 1969 hood?

there is no way to modify a 70 hood to fit a 69. Find a wrecked 70 hood and start cutting.I dont see anything wrong with this hood
1687130424893.png

Cutting and welding.

As much as I like the 70 bulge hood (which can be made functional fairly easily), I have to say the 69 functional scoops are my absolute favorite hood/front end look on any car ever-

1687132487506.png

...and if you have a 69 "flat" hood, they are relatively inexpensive and easy to duplicate, although the underhood air box is a different story.

Cutting and welding.

As much as I like the 70 bulge hood (which can be made functional fairly easily), I have to say the 69 functional scoops are my absolute favorite hood/front end look on any car ever-

View attachment 1481690

...and if you have a 69 "flat" hood, they are relatively inexpensive and easy to duplicate, although the underhood air box is a different story.
I think this is the hood he talking about

1687133696459.png

I see no reason 2/3 of a 70 hood skin can't be grafted onto a 69 hood........ even that center rib looks like it cooperates.....

looks doable to me; I'd be like, "hold my beer"

It looks like the fenders on the two are very different. '69's look molded to meet the raised front, and '70's are flat, with an aero dip to the grills. I'd like to see one matched up for fitment...

I've seen 70 bulges grafted onto Superbirds (and they look pretty good), 70 Chargers, and a few other things.

I loved looking over it on the 70 Bee I had (although the angle nearest the driver sometimes caught the sun and reflected it right into my eyes- which oddly does not happen with my 73 Roadrunner bulge).

But I stand by my statement that the 69 N96 front end is the most nasty looking front end ever put on a car.

...and the scoops themselves are repro and not that expensive.

Auto Transport Service
Back