• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 survivor T6 Road Runner. Is the price too high?

jjw

Local time
5:24 AM
Reaction score
Looks like a original car that needs a few weekends of cleaning and detailing.383 4 speed,airgrabber hood,and bucket seats a plus.Color combo is different and somewhat ugly I think.I would say 25K tops if it runs good.
I would repaint the black stripes on the hood,replaced the trunk pan,and clean under the hood.Then maybe buff the paint and leave the car alone.

Looks like a original car that needs a few weekends of cleaning and detailing.383 4 speed,airgrabber hood,and bucket seats a plus.Color combo is different and somewhat ugly I think.I would say 25K tops if it runs good.
I would repaint the black stripes on the hood,replaced the trunk pan,and clean under the hood.Then maybe buff the paint and leave the car alone.
X2 but I was thinking 20 to 22 k tops. A survivor like that will show more nasty surprises later on, eg. heater not working = heater core gone = wet carpet = floor pans gone. Another thing which I wonder about is the tan interior with blue carpet and seat belts. Weird combo. Also i see Washington plates. They use a ton of road salt out there, surface rust in the engine compartment is just the tip of the iceburg. Sound like his reserve is about 25k. Wait for it to reappear, he may go lower if he's desperate.

Hello Guys and Happy Holidays!

I was watching this Road Runner on ebay. It is advertised as a survivor and looks like it. I really like the car but maybe you guys could give your opinion as far as price. The auction ended a few days ago. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Thanks,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TRUE...2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4exp=true

I like that car. Being a air grabber car is pretty special. You can't go wrong with an original car like that. I would try to contact the guy and try to work something out.

The car has a good deal of rust in the rear window frame which means the cowl in front is rusted. That will cost you 7500.00 to 10K to have it done front and back.

Yes the more I look at the pics I think I agree with 1970GTX 20k-22K.It is a clean car for the most part but just not clean enough.I would also replace the nasty carpet and fix the rear window rust.The seller should have took the 23K.

I only see rust one spot back there and it doesnt look to bad. Nice car for the most part, the hood is crunched..
I would say it was bid to a decent price, isnt worth a whole lot more than that these days even if it was mint.

Carpet and seat belts are black, pretty sure if you ordered a 4 spd you got black carpet, at least that's the way it worked in '68 & '69. Washington state cars are generally pretty solid, I have a Washington state survivor car myself and its virtually rust free and 98% of its 136K miles were put on the clock in WA. I don't see all that much rust around the back window, lets not get carried away now. Back window rot is not indicative of a rotted out cowl although I agree it should be inspected closely. I'd be proud to own that car, love a nice survivor! Does have some war wounds though which means a repaint is likely to be in the future and that'll cost a good chunk of change. I personally would want to be under 20K even with the 4spd and the air grabber, like 18K.

I was in contact with the seller. He's looking to get $28-29k. In this market, totally unrealistic, IMHO. The crunched hood is a major issue too. If it can't be straightened out, hard to find and a couple of thousand just to replace that. Although not the most attractive, the color combo is not common. $20-22k is good money for that car right now.

28-29K no way.

He's dreamin'! Another 7k gets you this.. DSCN3637.jpg
numbers matching, rebuilt to factory specs, gorgeous paint, build sheet, fender tag. Guess it's worth 50 now.

- - - Updated - - -

Carpet and seat belts are black, pretty sure if you ordered a 4 spd you got black carpet, at least that's the way it worked in '68 & '69. Washington state cars are generally pretty solid, I have a Washington state survivor car myself and its virtually rust free and 98% of its 136K miles were put on the clock in WA. I don't see all that much rust around the back window, lets not get carried away now. Back window rot is not indicative of a rotted out cowl although I agree it should be inspected closely. I'd be proud to own that car, love a nice survivor! Does have some war wounds though which means a repaint is likely to be in the future and that'll cost a good chunk of change. I personally would want to be under 20K even with the 4spd and the air grabber, like 18K.

They look black on my laptop. Time for a new one I guess. Anyway, depending on what part of Washington and how and when it was driven originally. It has a lot of surface rust under hood. Having lived in B.C. both on the coast and in the interior, surface rust is just the beginning.

Wow, 28-29k! Couldn't you buy a restored one for maybe a little more? Definitely way too much.

Wow, 28-29k! Couldn't you buy a restored one for maybe a little more? Definitely way too much.

For close to that, yes. I've had my totally restored, matching #, 70 RR for sale for over a year for $35k and haven't found a buyer. I'm in no hurry to sell it, so willing to wait for someone to fall in love with my ride and give me my price. He's gonna wait a lot longer than that if he wants to get his.

PS- Here's my baby.fd66_3.JPG

Yeah it's high, but a nice car. I like the Rootbeer color. Low 20's maybe. Caveat Emptor. Don't buy sight unseen.

Auto Transport Service
Back