• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971/72 Roadrunner/GTX Bucket Seat Recovering Help

Bruzilla

Local time
5:49 PM
Reaction score
Okay, I scored a set of seat covers and biscuits for a 1971/72 Roadrunner/GTX. The challenge is I am going to attempt to install them on a frame for 76 Dodge Aspen seats. Can nothing ever be easy? :)

Looking at the 1972 biscuits, I was wondering how they are held to the seat frame? I saw there's two listing rods in the bottom of the foam, but is there another pair of listing rods that attach to the frame and the ones on the biscuits get hog ringed to them? Do the cushion rods get hog ringed to the springs? How does that work?

Thanks

I took the foam out to the car and compared the 1972 biscuits to the 1976 seats, and as expected height, width, and length are exactly the same. :)

Hog ringed to the springs directly. Be sure to anchor the listing rods at the rear with a hog ring to prevent them from shifting forward. Found when I did mine, the rods would shift forward slightly and could be felt up against the forward seat cover.

Auto Transport Service
Back