• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 Charger Project

SantaC

Local time
8:38 PM
Reaction score
Good evening, all.

Recently picked up a '71 Charger in September to keep me busy for a while; the previous owner trashed it out, and I'm in the process of slowly bringing it back.

Thanks!

received_10211609833534856.jpeg IMG_20180124_195114_454.jpg IMG_20171122_072146_374.jpg

welcome to the site.
you get bonus points for pics!

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

great to have another fellow Californian onboard

Welcome to the site ! I always get excited when a 71-74 charger gets a chance of being beautiful again .
I'm a huge fan of 71-74 chargers if you have ?'s feel free to ask I've had prob 20 of them by now .
Please add more pictures and give more details what eng trans rear is it all stock are you restoring it all stock or are you going to have fun? What Color are you thinking for it? The yellow isn't bad Jayne add a few strips.
Good luck looking forward to watching you make her new again!

And I just saw your only 26 thank god we needed some young blood ,
r.c. has been laying around in the blue room bloated! Someone should help him release the pressure!

If you need a part for your car let me know I know how it is I started messing with chargers at 15 years old and there all still junk and I'm still broke! But if you need something and I have it we can work out shipping and I'll do what I can to help you build that car . Good luck

Yay! Another Californian is right, but anyone from the grand ole USA is good! You will love it here!

Southern California.

Thanks all for the welcome!

For details: It's a CA-built original 383/727 car with column shift. My plans are to get it stock looking, but add in creature comforts like 4-wheel discs, upgraded suspension, and other fun tweaks

Ultimately, I want to swap in buckets and a console, put in a 5 or 6-speed & paint it Green-Go. A long way to go, but here's hoping!

Look at the for sale section someone had a front end disc setup for cheap!

I bought wilwoods for my charger one day I'll actually install them but till then they look good in the pile of new parts

Nice Charger you have there. Get that rascal going and welcome from the Detroit area.:welcome:

Welcome from West Virginia. There are a lot of great people on this site with a ton of knowledge. Keep us posted on the progress. Sweet Charger!

welcome to FBBO great looking charger keep us posted on your progress

Looks like a good solid project! I'm just getting into a 72 Charger project. Its getting lots of new parts. If you need something post it, the guys on this site are happy to help out a fellow Mopar addict.

Welcome from North Carolina. Nice straight Charger, great way to start a project. Good luck.

Auto Transport Service
Back