• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 Dodge Charger for sale NOT MINE!!!!!!!

Builderguy

Builderguy
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:10 AM
Reaction score
From a Lansing, MI Facebook post. AGAIN, not mine and I know know nothing about it.

1693426260904.png
1693426292690.png
1693426320154.png
1693426350897.png
1693426378487.png
1693426404524.png

Up for sale is my 1971 Dodge Charger. This car has been restored somewhat recently, has a clean title, and has no rust. The engine is a big block 383 with 9.5-1 Hypertech pistons, ported 906 heads and a Performer RPM intake port matched to the heads, cam is .472 lift .296 duration, it has long tube headers, and there's lots of new parts on it. The exhaust is a brand new TTI system. Carb is a Quick Fuel 750 Slayer and it'll come with a full jet kit and a spring kit for the vacuum secondary. The build has some idle time and maybe 10 miles of driving on it. The transmission is a 4 speed manual with the Hurst pistol grip shifter. The clutch engages well and it shifts nicely through all the gears.Other things to note on the car: it's missing some trim pieces, the paint needs a wet sand, the heater core is not hooked up (the blower is still there but not currently wired up), there's no radio but there are speakers still, the temperature and fuel gauges aren't hooked up, the tires have maybe 10 miles on them, it needs a bit of work on the alignment, and the brakes need bled and/or fresh fluid. The car starts, idles, runs, drives, and stops as it sits.

1971 Dodge charger​

$17,250
Listed 6 days ago in Owosso, MI

Those fugly *** wheels, kills it
I never liked them 1/2 vinyl tops...

It's not too crazy priced, IMO still overpriced some
if not a bunch of crap hidden under that "new pint" needs a buff
It 'could' make a good starting point

the sum of the parts, may be worth it

it's not 1977 anymore, $17k doesn't buy a lot today

I've learned almost never buy from the 'rust belt' or 'back east',
Northeast or coastal areas like Florida
always some hidden ****, unless you got lucky or know the people
&/or paid what it's worth (not cheap)
seemingly half-*** builds, corners cut especially when sold cheap/er,
Wham bam thankyou mam paint,
10 things listed, it needs, that he/she/they should do before they listed it
(marketing 101)
People need to spend a lil' more time & lil' more $$$ upfront,
or on shipping, or on someone to inspect it if you're too far away...

I'd try & buy from out west or southwest, drier climate,
far less rust issues or hidden **** esp. if it's a full-on project car
Buy a better or more complete the car is, to start with,
better off you will be in the long run,
all that lil' **** will $100 (or $1,000) bill you to death

Last edited:
Ahhh yes, THOSE wheels...
Other wise if it's not bad, it's not bad!

It looks like lots to work with. I thought they only made those wheels in Chevy bolt pattern! Change seats, rally dash and wheels, has the makings of a nice car if the body checks out.

Wheels are easy enough to swap out, like all these people putting those dork dish hubcaps on their Mopar muscle cars these days! I would have those swapped out faster than people did on day two when these cars were new! A Nascar pit crew wouldn't have nothing on me!

Bench seat and 4 speed ...hmmm.
non ralley dash..hmm.
paint job not finished...hmm

For a running, driving 1971 Charger...the price is good IMO

Just because the car is in the north or east US, doesn't mean it was always there. Mine was a SW car, now in the NE U.S.

The thing that gets my "Spidey Sense" tingling is the only 10 miles on it. I don't give a rats *** about idling time. 10 miles of driving is no where near enough to be " issue free". So, all the other postulating about the fugly wheels, it is a rust belt car, or anything else are mostly meaningless. Good luck finding a running, driving, newly painted 1971 Charger for that money.

Last edited:
71..... check
BB 4 gear......double bonus check
under 20K......needs to be investigated; like NOW

if that's a solid car, someone needs to snatch it up...... this may be your chance

Work traveling near there right now, if I have time today maybe I’ll check it out, is there a contact number someone could post?
(I don’t have Facebox)
IMG_2332.jpeg

I just sent him a message via fb messenger asking for a contact number for you.

It's pretty!

Didn't even notice the wheels.

...but they are bolt on item and easily changed.

If anyone is interested, I have the seller's contact number. PM me if interested.

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way involved in this automobile. The seller has given me permission to share his contact number. I think it is best not to post it openly, but upon request.

MODS, if this is not allowed ...please let me know and I will cease and desist.

Auto Transport Service
Back