• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1971 dodge charger r/t 1 of 332 - $27500 (north jersey)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen the car in person last summer. Owner is a dreamer, this car has been forsale for years. The guy is difficult at best. The car is nice but don't let those pictures fool you they are atleast 10 years old. The car is solid but was repainted about 15 years ago with some lower quarter rocker bubbling. The doors close really nicely and the car is solid. Paint is now a 6-7 out of 10. Interior is all there but a little worn, underhood is a mess and the matching motor is sitting next to the car. You would have to go through the motor trans and rear to know what you have. Owner will tell you the trans. "shifts like butter" but you have no way of actually knowing. Front end is an old greasy mess as underside of car. It's been off the road for about 6 years, he had a HEMI in it. I went there with money in my pocket as many people have over the years but the price has changed many times and his mood changes just as much. Did I mention he is difficult to deal with? I would roll it out of there with all the parts for 20K but not more. The owner is the biggest detriment to the sale of this car. He's had it advertised in different places at the same time but with different prices and some ad's read "must sell due to health" but he acts like your inconveniencing him when you ask questions or go to see it.
Ron

This is a perfect example of why a car should be inspected by an impartial person before you buy it if you can't see it yourself, especially if you buy it online. The sellers always post the best pics and describe it as a dream car. Ron's personal inspection of the car show's how different the reality is from the Craigslist post. Good job RJS !!!!

Seen the car in person last summer. Owner is a dreamer, this car has been forsale for years. The guy is difficult at best. The car is nice but don't let those pictures fool you they are atleast 10 years old. The car is solid but was repainted about 15 years ago with some lower quarter rocker bubbling. The doors close really nicely and the car is solid. Paint is now a 6-7 out of 10. Interior is all there but a little worn, underhood is a mess and the matching motor is sitting next to the car. You would have to go through the motor trans and rear to know what you have. Owner will tell you the trans. "shifts like butter" but you have no way of actually knowing. Front end is an old greasy mess as underside of car. It's been off the road for about 6 years, he had a HEMI in it. I went there with money in my pocket as many people have over the years but the price has changed many times and his mood changes just as much. Did I mention he is difficult to deal with? I would roll it out of there with all the parts for 20K but not more. The owner is the biggest detriment to the sale of this car. He's had it advertised in different places at the same time but with different prices and some ad's read "must sell due to health" but he acts like your inconveniencing him when you ask questions or go to see it.
Ron

This is a perfect example of why a car should be inspected by an impartial person before you buy it if you can't see it yourself, especially if you buy it online. The sellers always post the best pics and describe it as a dream car. Ron's personal inspection of the car show's how different the reality is from the Craigslist post. Good job RJS !!!!

Hey Abe,
I looked for my notes on this car last night but may have tossed them. If I was more "liquid" right now I would take another run at this car because it is very desirable.

The thing that makes it hard is as an informed type buyer you have no idea how all the sub-assemblies function so it's a gamble. Maybe if your a guy that just wants a cool Mopar you could look past things I know will come back to bite ya later. Or if my friend was the seller I would pay 25K (I know that is the magic #) and take the puzzle home but since it a stranger that isn't really helpful in anyway 20K is my #. That doesn't mean if you or anyone went and bought it for more your wrong just more daring.

I remember after a quick fender tag read the stripes may have been added but don't quote me on that and there were some bumps under the top at rear quarter or rear window or the top shrunk a bit there (again going by 54 year old memory).

My buddy and I went over the car pretty well and then excused our selves to talk in private, when we turned around to talk and look further at the car he had already turned the lights off and was closing the garage door.
I never treat a person or buyer like that.
Ron

Ron- Good points made. Also, the sellers attitude is probably half the reason the car is still for sale.- A

Hey Abe,
I looked for my notes on this car last night but may have tossed them. If I was more "liquid" right now I would take another run at this car because it is very desirable.

The thing that makes it hard is as an informed type buyer you have no idea how all the sub-assemblies function so it's a gamble. Maybe if your a guy that just wants a cool Mopar you could look past things I know will come back to bite ya later. Or if my friend was the seller I would pay 25K (I know that is the magic #) and take the puzzle home but since it a stranger that isn't really helpful in anyway 20K is my #. That doesn't mean if you or anyone went and bought it for more your wrong just more daring.

I remember after a quick fender tag read the stripes may have been added but don't quote me on that and there were some bumps under the top at rear quarter or rear window or the top shrunk a bit there (again going by 54 year old memory).

My buddy and I went over the car pretty well and then excused our selves to talk in private, when we turned around to talk and look further at the car he had already turned the lights off and was closing the garage door.
I never treat a person or buyer like that.
Ron

I checked it out too, last January. Definitely a cool car. The left floor pan has rust through, the inner fenderwells each have filler covering rust through at the hood hinges and the same with the lower fenders. Trunk floor is perfect, the extensions had issues and are kind of covered up now. The Hemi was still in it when I looked at it. The 440 did appear to be the original stamping, but was missing the heavy rod balancer (common during rebuilds though). Still in all, for $25k, you don't normally get into a decent looking big block #'s RT 4 gear car. IIRC- it was a 3.54 Dana Track Pak car originally.

RJS- did he tell you $25k would seal the deal?

Well like I said when I saw it it had multiple ads out there with multiply prices.
The Hemi was out and sold off but he was trying to get about 33K with a "fresh rebuilt" 440 6pak sitting next to it and the original motor sitting next to that.
When standing there he didn't know much about the fresh rebuild because he bought it from a women that took it from her X husband. ( I call that a core not a fresh rebuild) He wanted 30K with both motors but after realizing it could have rocks thrown down the engine I took that out of the deal.
He then was stuck around 28K or so and that's when me and my friend stepped aside to talk. We decided that the 25K I was going to give/offer for everything wasn't a smart deal and I was going to try for 20K just original motor. He started closing everything up and we were like this guy just wasted my day so we're done.
So with the new ask I believe 25K is the #. This guy believes that everyone that has come to look are wasting his time but how many people have to turn around and walk away before you realize your not selling at the correct price.

Oh and my buddy that came there with me even forgot that he was there 4 or so years prior with another friend and no dice but the guy remembered him and every detail of how they wasted his time then.
Ron

Like I said, seller's attitude is part of the problem. Maybe the guy's wife is forcing him to sell it and he's souring every potential buyer. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back