• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 Dodge Charger Seats

fontleyroy

Local time
3:55 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have bought a pair of (what I now know) is two 1971 Dodge Charger bucket seats. I thought they were for my 1970 500 SE. My question is does anyone know if the 1970 Charger seat foams and covers can be installed on these 71 seat frames? The Charger had as original the Charcoal and Black leather buckets. I will also be posting some pictures of some seats that came with the Charger that I have been unable to identify. Please take a look and see if you may know what car the seats came in. Thanks again!

cc.jpg
dd.jpg

I am not 100% certain but "pretty" certain that they can.
Thats what I was hoping. Currently, there are a pair of Cypher racing seats in there but I would like to have the original type of seats. I bought these because I thought they were original seats for the 70 Charger but live and learn. Thats why I joined forbbodiesonly! Thanks for the reply.

Legendary interiors and YearOne both show that 70 and 71/72 are different seat foams.

The white seat is from a 73/74 Charger. No idea what the black seat is from (non-Mopar?). The frames should work for your 70.

The bucket seat frames are different from a 70 B-body to a 73-4 B-body. What the difference is I don't know if it would be a problem with new foam and covers.. I know the seat backs are different as are the release buttons. A '70 is supposed to have a Plastic seat back with no hinge cover and uses a metal hinge cover. This is also used in early 1971 models. That being said I have a set of '70-71 Bucket seat frames that take the metal seat hinge covers here in Pa and a set of the metal seat hinge covers not far from you. Pm if any interest...

Auto Transport Service
Back