• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1971 Petty Blue Roadrunner (1of1) $52,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

glh55

Local time
6:31 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Factory Petty Blue 1 of 1

Only three Roadrunners were painted Petty Blue in 1971. The color had to be special ordered.
The three cars are different from each other in many ways, so each car is 1 of 1.
The car has just completed an 8 year restoration to original condition like it came from the factory.
The odometer reads 352 miles so I am sure it has rolled over once.
This car has a date correct 383 engine but not numbers matching. It has the original 3 speed transmission with a floor shifter and a new center force clutch and pressure plate. The engine starts fast and runs strong.

The car has a new Petty blue paint job in base coat-clear coat. Any rust was replace with steel and very little body filler.
It has a bright blue interior that is all new. New upholstery, carpet, headliner, door panels, dash and seatbelts.

The front suspension has been rebuilt using polyurethane bushings. The brakes have been rebuilt. The tires are new and all new wiring.
A new driveshaft was installed with new u-joints.
A new gas tank replaced the old one.
Front and rear bumpers, tail lights, side marker lights are all new.
A new 3/4 white vinyl top was installed and new strobe stripe was put on the roof along with hood decals.

The car came with A/C but is not completely assembled.
The windshield is new but the other glass is original.
The speedometer is not working right.
This car is ready for the road or show or both.

$52,000
1971 Roadrunner Jan 2022 2.JPG

1971 Roadrunner Jan 2022 1.JPG

1971 Roadrunner Jan 2022 12.JPG

1971 Roadrunner Jan 2022 16.JPG

1971 Roadrunner Jan 2022 5.JPG

1971 Roadrunner Jan 2022 3.JPG

1971 Roadrunner Jan 2022 15.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
What is your source for proof of "only 3 in TB3 blue"? @glh55

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you please post a clear Pic of fender tag, thank you

What is the extent of metalwork ? Who did the resto ? Are pics available of the resto process ? What engine work, if any, was done ? Any pics of the undercarriage ?

What is the extent of metalwork ? Who did the resto ? Are pics available of the resto process ? What engine work, if any, was done ? Any pics of the undercarriage ?
I changed the pass. fender and door. It was easier to change them than fix the rust in them. No other metal work. I did most of the resto but not the paint. A friend rebuilt the engine. No pcts of the underside but it is solid.

So, ALL the other metal in the car is original ? No patchwork, you stated any rust was replaced with steel. Do you have any "before" photos ? To what extent did you take down the original finish before paint ? What about pics during the resto process ? What was done to the engine during rebuild, cam, overbore, etc ?

Why don't you call me? It would be a lot easier to answer all your questions.

Moderator deleted phone number. Use pm to share your contact info

Rule #10: Only FBBO Gold Members may place email and phone numbers in ads.
Ref: For Sale Section Rules
Sorry, but you can tell me there's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow on the phone. I'd like detailed, documented information before I spend planefare to Arizona to eyeball it myself.

How do I send a pm? This web sight is confusing for me.
It's not that difficult at all.

Click on the User name of the person you want to contact,

Click on the box that says "Start a Private Conversation" ...then follow the prompts.

1707420913058.png

Sorry, but you can tell me there's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow on the phone. I'd like detailed, documented information before I spend planefare to Arizona to eyeball it myself.
I tried to send you a pm but it says I have reached my limit of 15 replys and cannot send you a pm. What can we do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back