• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1971 Plymouth GTX 440 V8 One Owner - $17500

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomax

Local time
7:09 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
1971 Plymouth GTX 440 V8 One Owner - $17500
( Not mine and Not far from me on C/L )

http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/4621327565.html

gtx.jpggtx 2.jpg

Interesting...... One owner car but missing the fender tag and build sheet. Sounds like a load of crap to me!

Interesting...... One owner car but missing the fender tag and build sheet. Sounds like a load of crap to me!
If it was resprayed, it's possible the paint shop lost the fender tag, I know that has happened before.

Are you thinking it is a clone possibly?
That rust on it looks scary, as I don't see that on California cars very often.

It's not always easy to find the build sheet. It's not like they put them in the glove box or anything........ I owned my 68 for 42 years before I found the build sheet stuffed in the springs underneath the seats when I tore the car down for restoration. He probably has it and doesn't know it. I would have said I didn't have mine until I inadvertently found it. Just saying it's possible.

I would be a little more settled if there weren't pictures on the ad with the back seat removed! No, not saying its a clone but not likely a 1 owner car. People that keep cars like that for 42 yrs know every detail. I view it like I view "barn finds."......there are way more barn finds out there than there are barns! Sure, some are really barn finds.... Most... Yard finds!

Headlight surrounds look silver not black like a gtx should have. Hood pins removed, I doubt a one owner would do that.

Missing the black grill N the non painted tail light lenses & chrome trim.

looks like a decent project but how much do you want to throw in it till it is "shiny" again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back