• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 Road Runner elastomeric bumper

txchief

Local time
6:35 AM
Reaction score
I have a new in the crate Gene Gregory elastomeric bumper/brow for a 1971 Road Runner or Satellite. What's it worth?

Nick Boughman of B&B Autorestorations is making them

Well I've heard that a guy in Canada bought the E-body molds but then a friend just told me that Art, Mr Six Pack, in NM bought them. I don't know who bought the 71 B molds.

Well I've heard that a guy in Canada bought the E-body molds but then a friend just told me that Art, Mr Six Pack, in NM bought them. I don't know who bought the 71 B molds.

Tommy the Chryco did buy the e-body ones and is currently making them from Genes molds. Tommy also knows who bought the brow molds but never mentioned him by name when I spoke with him. He said that guy who bought the 71 brow mold had trouble making a few and never made anymore...

Thats what I thought, Tommy in Canada. My friend said that Art will have the Cuda ones in a couple weeks so I don't know what molds he has. I'll see Art next spring. I did buy a set from him last year.

I think I saw Burns Fiberglass on FB is going to be making the brow. Look there to get an idea maybe??
Ron

When you purchased one of GenesG did it come with a hole template or did you have to line it up and guess ? My bumper had some elongated holes. You all should do what I did and get rid of the oversized eyebrow and make one that looks good and fits.

yard shots 070.jpg roadrunner 018.jpg

When you purchased one of GenesG did it come with a hole template or did you have to line it up and guess ? My bumper had some elongated holes. You all should do what I did and get rid of the oversized eyebrow and make one that looks good and fits.

View attachment 670764 View attachment 670766
No template. Also like everything that came from Gene had to do a lot of finish work.

20150204_123726.jpg

View attachment 670764 View attachment 670766

Wow how did you manage to make it so mooth with the rest of the bodywork? Would really like to know!!

Auto Transport Service
Back