• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1971 Roadrunner drip rails

Status
Not open for further replies.

glh55

Local time
4:08 PM
Reaction score
I need the drip rails from a 1971-1973 Roadrunner or satellite. Mine were missing when I got the car along with just about everything else. I have it almost back to stock but I keep finding more missing parts. Can anyone help me locate these drip rails?

#3 Petty Blue 1971 Roadrunner

Drip Rails? Or drip Rail moldings?

They are the same think nitpicker!

I see you are new here or at best a Lurker. On this site you won't get far being a Jerk when someone is trying to help you. Anyway your wrong cause they are not the same. The DRIP RAIL is the metal part that runs along the edge of the roofline and the drip rail trim is the stainless that covers it. I have both but I will keep them for a more deserving person.

Last edited:
They are the same think nitpicker!

i think you owe him a apology!

i have drip rails off a roof if you need them
they are the part that is spot welded on to the roof that the molding fit onto..

Does anyone know if the drip rail mouldings are the same between Plymouth/Dodge? I can't remember if they had the same roofs? I am referring to the 71/72 model years.. as I think I may have them for 72-73 Charger cars, but no Plymouth ones at this time.

Does anyone know if the drip rail mouldings are the same between Plymouth/Dodge? I can't remember if they had the same roofs? I am referring to the 71/72 model years.. as I think I may have them for 72-73 Charger cars, but no Plymouth ones at this time.

from what i remember
(and someone correct me if i'm wrong??!!)
dodge/plymouth is different
and vinyl roof vs non vinyl roof is different also
so you have 4 different possibilities in play all different part numbers.

71-2 Plymouth is the same as 73-4 Dodge Drip Rail Trim
71-2 Dodge is the same as 73-4 Plymouth Drip Rail Trim

V. Top trim is it's own trim but still is as stated above.
Non V. Top is it's own trim but still as stated above.

I see you are new here or at best a Lurker. On this site you won't get far being a Jerk when someone is trying to help you. Anyway your wrong cause they are not the same. The DRIP RAIL is the metal part that runs along the edge of the roofline and the drip rail trim is the stainless that covers it. I have both but I will keep them for a more deserving person.[/QU

I am sorry for my snide comment. It was uncalled for. Every catalog I have looked at calls them drip rails. I just had open heart surgery a week ago and I haven't been sleeping well. I get grumpy when tired and say things I shouldn't.

I found a set of drip rail moldings on ebay at a good price and bought them. Thanks to everybody that tried to help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back