• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Road Runner Grille

Would there be enough of a market to reproduce these grilles, and if so would anyone care if it was in fiberglass ? I've built alot of molds for parts I couldn't get.View attachment 353732

Ugk, as I have posted on this forum before, we could use an alternative to the rubber headlamp bezels for 73/74 chargers. I would buy a pair in fiberglass and I think many others would as well.

I'd be interested, 72Rdrnner to have a link to whatever you want to give. My cart is a 71 but a link of yours will come in handy to put the grill together and whatever else I may need. I'm trying to source the hardware for the grill for instance. I have all of the bracketry for it. It has been apart tooo long and trying to find my pictures...well, you know (more organized now..lol). NICE car BTW

I appreciate the offer and thanks!

One word of caution...a 1971 grille is different that the 1972, as in '71 the Road Runner had a Satellite grille with the small birds head in the middle. In 1972, and only in 1972 there was a totally different grille on the Road Runners. That's why, if you find one, (all four pieces) it can be in the thousands, especially if it has all the hardware.

Link to Photobucket album with images of the parts & pieces of a 1972 Road Runner grille.

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/Joebagadonuts/How To Pictures/story

One word of caution...a 1971 grille is different that the 1972, as in '71 the Road Runner had a Satellite grille with the small birds head in the middle. In 1972, and only in 1972 there was a totally different grille on the Road Runners. That's why, if you find one, (all four pieces) it can be in the thousands, especially if it has all the hardware.

Link to Photobucket album with images of the parts & pieces of a 1972 Road Runner grille.

I'm aware of what you're saying and thanks for the link

101_1928.JPG
101_1906.JPG
View attachment 354719 Hi I'm new to this
I'm aware of what you're saying and thanks for the link
Hi I bought a bunch of parts from a friend last year. Had no idea this grille was rare until I started doing my homework. The one I have isn't in that great of shape but I think it is all there. View attachment 354720

Last edited:
Ugk, as I have posted on this forum before, we could use an alternative to the rubber headlamp bezels for 73/74 chargers. I would buy a pair in fiberglass and I think many others would as well.
I'm not sure what those look like but if someone had a pair I would be ha to make molds for them. I'm trying to round up a realise agent to do the 72 rr grille now.it cost 2 -3 hundred to make a mold depending on size, and I found a screen that could work for 72 grille. Do you have a pic of those parts, I mite have a set of those, if I'm right on what your looking for

I'll post a pic later tonight, it's a pair of rubber cups, held on by a plastic retainer. Often, that retainer is broken or missing, so if you made them in a way that the replaced the retainer as well, I think you could sell a good amount of them.

It's worth a shot. If I see them mite be able to come up with something, there's enough people on here we should be able to come up with something also, I have a hole fab shop to my disposal

View attachment 354733 View attachment 354718 View attachment 354719 Hi I'm new to this

Hi I bought a bunch of parts from a friend last year. Had no idea this grille was rare until I started doing my homework. The one I have isn't in that great of shape but I think it is all there. View attachment 354720
The "honeycomb" and the center grille parts are from a '72 along with the light "bezels". The other parts in the pictures are not a part of the "grille hardware".

Here's a pix of that "stuff". It's accurate since it came off my '72 original Road Runner (I bought it new, kept it, and restored it in 2003-2006). Trust me, there are a lot of "doo dads" in a '72 grille other than the four "basic" parts (left, right, center & honeycomb).

One other thing....the entire grille it attached to the bumper! Theoretically you can assemble the entire grill on a bumper then attach the whole shebang to the car as a unit. Would NOT recommend that since the bumper itself is hard enough to get aligned with the fenders, with the grille installed...well you get the point!

Grille Parts 079.jpg

Last edited:
This is what you want made ?

$_35.JPG

That's them. The tricky thing is that they deform once the retainer is removed so you cant just cast a loose pair. Probably why no one else has bothered with these yet.

Do you have some ?

Do you have a pair I could straighten out, I can fix cracks.

I know - ancient thread. But I had to stop in and give a big Thank You! for posting all the pics. I've got a FSM for the 72's but the pics are worth at least 100 FSM diagrams. You rock, man!->

Beep!beep!->
-RM23U2

PS I'd add EV2 to my username but I've never been able to make it look right ...

Thanks....can't believe it's been 16 years since I started the restoration which took three years! Still have the car and in '09 added a B5 blue Challenger SRT, and in '16 added a B5 blue Charger Hellcat to the fleet! Even gave them names!

Too Blue Three Named.jpg

Thats the best grocery getter Ive ever seen

Auto Transport Service
Back