• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Standard to Rallye Cluster Conversion

Bob Nossal

Dodgefor72
Local time
8:52 AM
Reaction score
I am converting my 72 to a rallye cluster. Question for 71-74 crazies. Is the stamped bracket that supports the heater and a/c controls to the cluster housing the same for both clusters??? I ask because the housings for the clusters are different enough that it appears the support bracket for my standard cluster will not work for the rallye.

I'm pretty sure the heater control pod interchanges between both clusters.

I'm pretty sure the heater control pod interchanges between both clusters.

I believe they do
I do know the wiper switches are different
between clusters

I think they are the same. The only problem I remember was I had a 3 speed wiper switch in the rallye dash and a 2 speed wiper switch in the old sweep dash. The wiring interchanges between the different wiper switches...but the 2 speed wiper motor didn't like the 3 speed switch...was on a 72 satellite.

Last edited:
In 3 weeks(feb 9) is the all Mopar swap meet at Macomb College. You'll probably find it there.

Thanks all. Anybody have a pic of the air conditioning control support bracket for a rallye dash?

Thanks all. Anybody have a pic of the air conditioning control support bracket for a rallye dash?
yup
this is a 71 only ac vacuum unit
that came from a rallye dash
72 up runs off electric
20200117_163858.jpg

The bracket is different. Here is a 73-4 A/C controller unit from Rallye dash I just sold.

IMG_1836.JPG IMG_1837.JPG

The mystery is solved...at least for me it is. The brackets between the standard cluster and rallye cluster are different. The bracket for the standard cluster has a wire harness holder attached. See the photos.

B1.JPG B2.JPG

Sorry to keep bothering the B-Body community...can someone confirm the type of screw used to fasten the cluster bezel to the dash housing on either side of the steering column? These are the screws/bolts that thread directly into the instrument cluster plastic bezel from the underside, nearest the steering column, and pass through the dash housing and cluster assembly casting before threading into the bezel.

Can you measure the overall length of the one with the bracket?

I know exactly where the one in my pic came from
A 71 se charger

The screw length supporting the heater and a/c controls are 5/8" overall. I confirmed that I used the correct screws with a photo I had taken when disassembling the dash. Unfortunately, I did not take a photo of the screws used for bezel nearest the steering column.

Auto Transport Service
Back