• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973-1974 Door Glass Rollers

73ChargerRallye

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:09 AM
Reaction score
Thanks FBBO for the forum

I'm in the process of rebuilding my window regulators for my 73 Charger, and ground off the studs holding the 50+ year old rollers to the regulator arms. I tried using my press to attach the new ones (to "swell" the pin on the new roller). I had to set up a socket to support the roller while in the press, but they tend to.move a bit when you put the squeeze on them, and I managed to kill one of the new rollers (cracked the nylon) trying to press one on.

I also tried a dab of JB weld, but that didn't hold up well. Does anybody know if there is a fixture or tool for this? For anybody that's done this, I appreciate any thoughts.

20240113_225127.jpg

Peen them and tack weld
Having gotten this car back when the 71-74 B's didn't get much love (especially the 73/74), I'm still stuck in a headspace that everything on this car is impossible to replace. It didn't occur to me to weld on it at all, but this is the obvious answer. Thanks snakeoil :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back