• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Charger was made in the most numbers as I understand….yet

Justasgood

Local time
5:33 PM
Reaction score
It seems to me that finding parts for a 73 Charger is the most difficult. I see 68-70 Charger parts for sale frequently as well as Road Runner and GTX.

Is it that the 73 Chargers just aren’t worth the time? Are the parts more rare?

I am slowly hunting down parts for my 73 and I swear they don’t exist.

Anyway, thanks for a great place to glean info and inspiration.

I’ll hang up and listen…..

Put up a parts wanted ad...I'm sure people have plenty

They are out there. It's cheaper to buy a whole parts car,than to hunt down pieces individually!

Those are cool Chargers but just aren't as popular (and worth as much) as a 68-70. Like the 66 and 67's, not quite as popular. There's not as much need for the 71-74 parts so the companies that reproduce those parts just don't. It's a popularity contest of sorts.

If I had the space( and I were single) I would pursue this option.
You have to break the wife in early, get her used to having lots of cars and parts around! I sold a 71 Charger two months ago and the guy who bought it said to my wife "aren't you going to be glad to have the space in your yard when that Charger is gone?" My wife said it won't make no difference, he is just going to put another one right in it's place! Lol They sold 123,000 73 Chargers.

Auto Transport Service
Back