• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 k frame b body

midnightrider1818

Local time
7:35 AM
Reaction score
so i started doing the suspension and steering on my 73 rr. drivers side went togehter great. when i started doing the passenger side and when i removed the old k frame bushings my k frame is all rusted out where the mounts are. on the back and a little on the front. so my question is. can i buy a new one somewhere or can i take it to a frame shop and get it repaired. i was on firmfeel and was gonna buy one of theres but they dont have em for a 73. i know this is fairly common. what has others done.

If you replace it vs repair,small block and big block K-frames are different.Later,'75+up B-body K-frames such as Cordoba,Magnum,Fury, etc.will also fit your car. They are generally easier to find than the earlier years.I think Magnum Force may make a replacement k-frame suspension for the '73=up B-body.

link to Magnum Force Racing :
http://www.magnumforce.com/magnumforce_tubular_kmember.htm

RT

The unit from MAGNAFORCE as i was told uses rack and pinion steering and no more torsion bars ....please correct me if i am wrong there are some many people out there now make sub frame for this and that .If you get stuck message me and i will forward a number to you for this place has them hear and in his USA yard .....

Contact member moparmarks, he might have one. Got a bwwwaaay better shape one from him since my old one was battered. Degreased it and media blasted it looking new. Also, see if you vould just have it blasted and see how bad it is. A lot of just surface rust and judt needed to be blasted and degreased...IDK

BTW thanks Mark!

Auto Transport Service
Back