• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 road runner quarter glass

b_body_hopeful

Local time
11:55 PM
Reaction score
I have a problem and maybe the Plymouth guru's can help. Does anyone reproduce NON rollup quarter
glass for a 1973 Road Runner. I just received my quarter glass from CI and they are for quarter glass in a rollup hardtop.
I have a NON rollup RR. Or, can I use the bigger windows, just place them down into the quarters? Has anyone tried this?
Any help is appreciated.

I have the same problem with a 73 Charger Rallye . It is a Coupe and the only glass that fits is for a Coupe . Nobody is making Coupe glass . I can't find any for my Charger and haven't seen any for a RR either . I'm having fun looking for even used glass .

My first thought is to hit the junkyards. I'm sure there's at least one Plymouth/Dodge coupe sitting out there. Second, the window should fit in perfectly as all 73/74 cars had the cutouts for the window crank back there. I'd say just toss the windows in. Even though Roadrunners didn't ever come with roll down windows in 73/74 its a cool add on and nice if you're cruising with people in the backseat come summer!:3gears:

On my Charger , the Hardtop windows have holes drilled in it for the regulator but my Charger has a bracket that secures the window in an Up position . The holes in the Hardtop glass do not match where the bracket would need to bolt up . I understand what b_body_hopeful is saying . These are different 1/4 windows than Hardtops and will not work .

i got a 73 roadrunner with tinted glass non roll up on the rears if you need some,i am parting the car out.

Thanks 72 Blue 400 but I already modified my old brackets to accommodate the
new roll up windows. Where did you buy those or did they come on the car? Anyway, here is how I did it:

DSCN0433.JPG
This is the quarter window I purchased already.

DSCN0442.JPG
I placed the old window on the new with the bracket and marked on the new where the bolts that hold the window to the body should go after I was done modifying my old bracket.

DSCN0443.JPG
I made a template that I would use to cut out 2 metal brackets to use for the new windows.

DSCN0444.JPG
I made sure that the template was correct and put it next to the old bracket.

DSCN0445.JPG
Using the template I cut 2 metal pieces to weld onto my old bracket.

DSCN0446.JPG
With the template holes drawn onto the metal bracket, I needed to drill only the holes with an "X" marked on them.

DSCN0448.JPG
I drilled 1/2 inch holes that matched up to the window holes where the regulator would attach to.
This will be where I attach the new bracket to the new window.

DSCN0449.JPG
Next I welded the new brackets to the old ones.

DSCN0450.JPG
Both the front and the back and then ground down the welds to make sure they where flush with the bracket.

DSCN0451.JPG
Next I used an inner tube to cut new gaskets for the brackets.

DSCN0452.JPG
DSCN0453.JPG
I tapped and died the metal pieces to use again for the bracket attaching to the glass.

DSCN0455.JPG
I lined up the bracket on the glass and the next pictures shows the newly made bracket installed.

DSCN0456.JPG

DSCN0457.JPG

DSCN0458.JPG
While I was installing the brackets, I needed to place something in the holes of the glass
to snug up the bolts so I used pieces of 1/2 inch fuel line cut to length and placed them
in the holes for added security and non movement of the glass when installed in the car.

DSCN0459.JPG

Well that's how I got rollup quarter windows to install in a non quarter window rollup car.
Hope this helps someone else.

Auto Transport Service
Back