• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 Road Runner rear bumper filler

Bartman

Local time
9:28 AM
Reaction score
I bought one of the rear bumper fillers off of eBay and it was crap. Cracked and split open on install! $130 down the drain. Bought a used one out of a junk yard in California, got it and it was useless, old and dry rotted. $200 down the drain.
Do I just go without year after year or is there an alternative to this last bit of restoration madness?

Restoration Specialties is making the center but the end pieces no
me and lots of others need them if you locate a source post it up and they will sell a lot of sets

X2 on the center piece from Restoration specialties its the best one on the market, I believe they were 40 bucks when I got mine.

Here is what it looks like painted and installed. By the way, its installed with double sided tape, but I think I am going to have to use some weather strip adhesive as its starting to come up already.
20140524_111551small.jpg

I also wish someone would do new end pieces, mine are restored as best as I could, but still very brittle.

I bought a set of these last year, they seem to be pretty good quality, although the rubber part could be a bit firmer, but they match exactly the originals. Havent put them on the car yet, hoping my originals last a bit longer.

Thanks for the reply. I guess the only way to truly kn ow how good they are is to install them, and see.

Put my new ones on a couple of months ago and they fit great. And I got my center piece from Restoration Specialties and I think I paid closer to $75

I was going to buy one, but decided I was better off without the strip as I use the gap to see where the fuel inlet is so I don't have to bend over. :)

I cut and welded rear bumper brackets and tucked the bumper, no need for any filler pieces.

I like Ron's idea. I have seen a few people do that and have seen Chip Foose do it on a few shows as well. Not that I claim to be anywhere a Chip Foose but shortening up the bumper brackets should not be that hard. Hmm. I wonder if he will do my car! lol. By the way, I was talking to classic industries yesterday and he said they are getting more and more Mopar stuff in all the time. 73-74 B body quarter panels are now available

I was talking to classic industries yesterday and he said they are getting more and more Mopar stuff in all the time. 73-74 B body quarter panels are now available

That's good news. Despite so many people saying negative things about the 73-74 cars their desirability will grow as the other years climb in value to where a normal guy can't afford the earlier models. Just look at the 68-70 b-bodies, most guys can't afford those and now the 71-72 cars are moving up. As they get more expensive more of these cars will get restored and the aftermarket will open up for us. Very exciting for those of us that love these years.

Those are 72 panels

73/74 panels are totally different.

They are listed at their site at 73 74. I will have another look. I might have been excited and made a mistake! I have a brand new catalogue here as well I will look in. But he did say they were getting more and more mopar stuff every day due to so many requests for it.

Auto Transport Service
Back