• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1977 Plymouth Fury Sport - The Valvoline Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Marler

Local time
9:35 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
1977 Plymouth Fury Sport. 360/ 4 bbl/ Torqueflight automatic.
JUST PASSED CALIFORNIA SMOG TEST!

This car was purchased new in 1978 as a dealer demo from Escondido with 9000 miles on it. the gentleman bought it for his wife, who kept it until 2015. She has been a San Diego car all her 109,000 documented miles. I have every note and service record from the original owner. Every oil change, tire purchase or service were kept track on 3"x5" notecards and all major service records have been kept as well. The motor was gone through in 1991 with a 0.30 over bore and .010 grind on the crank.
Within the last two years the following work has been done...
New EGR & Thermal switch
New coil
New vacuum lines
K&N air filter
Upper and Lower Radiator hoses
Radiator flush
Carburetor rebuilt
Tune-up (new plugs, wires, cap/rotor)
Heater box removed and heater core replaced with a very hard to find NOS unit. I sprayed rubberized insulation under the dash and inner firewall before reinstalling heater box.
New control arm bushings
New Upper and Lower ball joints
New shocks all around (Coil over heavy duty on rear)
New brake lines (brake fluid replaced)
New complete front calipers (New pads and rotors turned)
Rear brakes - New shoes/ springs
New A/C compressor
New fuel pump/ filter/ lines
New door and window rubbers
Tires replaced March 2015
New carpet

The interior is all original. Plaid inserts on doors and seats are so unique but the seats need redone. The heat / defrost is awesome! There is factory air but still need hoses, dryer and recharged. It has a dealer installed cruise control that needs attention (not working). AM radio with one speaker in the front dash. Still works great. All gauges and idiot lights work.
She starts great in cold weather as well as warm. Runs strong despite the lean burn Carter thermal-quadrajet carb.
I drive her 50 miles a day for work but am going to a commuter POS for gas savings. She has never left me stranded or refused to start. 1 pump and hit the key.
Asking $4000 OBO. She is still in North County San Diego as she has always been.
PM for more info or to see her.

Valvoline High Mileage Club Spotlight vehicle. Watch the video here.
https://team.valvoline.com/culture/whips-rides-rods/high-mile-club-spotlight-plymouth-fury-sport

IMG_2534.JPG IMG_2535.JPG IMG_2536.JPG 1977 Plymouth Fury Sport 2-Door Hardtop8.JPG 1977 Plymouth Fury Sport 2-Door Hardtop10.JPG 1977 Plymouth Fury Sport 2-Door Hardtop11.JPG IMG_2537.JPG IMG_2538.JPG IMG_2539.JPG IMG_3322.JPG

Looks like a really nice ride, and an inexpensive way to participate in the hobby. I assume the underside is solid ?

Floorpan is solid. Pics of the tank area and inside trunk are accurate. Driver’s side B-pillar and a couple of new bubbles around back window that need attention but don’t want to mess up original paint.

wow , my father had a sport jacket back the '700's that maths perfectly that interior.lol
i really like it , love those period cars with pristine interiors .

wow , my father had a sport jacket back the '700's that maths perfectly that interior.lol
i really like it , love those period cars with pristine interiors .

I've said all along somewhere in this world there is a Nehru jacket made from this same fabric! I have the code and name of a place in Oregon that has a bolt of it and can recover the seats.

Nice, I'm in mass what's your zip code to see how much shipping it up here to mass. I'm very interested. Thanks Paul

Nice, I'm in mass what's your zip code to see how much shipping it up here to mass. I'm very interested. Thanks Paul

Thanks Paul, I am in San Diego, so almost as far from you as can get. 92056. I work with some guys that ship cars to update New York. I can PM you some companies to check if interested.

I saw that car and liked it, nice car especially at the price.
The interior is a study in 1970's aesthetics
Good luck with the sale

IMG_3288.JPG
IMG_3322.JPG
1977 Plymouth Fury Sport 2-Door Hardtop10.JPG
1977 Plymouth Fury Sport 2-Door Hardtop11.JPG
IMG_3092.JPG

Still available and need to pass on to a good home so I can move forward with the rebuilding the engine in my truck. Priorities man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back