• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1979 Cordoba heater core access

ybshore

Local time
4:08 AM
Reaction score
Have the FSM and am just looking for input for any heads up to come. I have center console and that must be removed, etc. and FSM says the heater box must come off the firewall. Any other way gurus?

Not really, the heater box has to come off & that's a little bit of pain in the you know what. The good news is once you have that box off, the heater core itself is like 4 small, easy screws & 2 hose clamps under the hood. You might want to consider adding some narrow window sealing foam tape along the edges of the heater box when you re-install it (better air flow without any leaks along the box/firewall seam).

Now if you want to go "all hillbilly" on it, my step dad once replaced a heater core by cutting the heater box with a saws-all.....easy access to the heater core, then he fabricated a piece of sheet metal (w/some screws) to replace the gaping hole he cut in the heater box. A true hillbilly job. However, when I had to go back and replace the heater core a 2nd time in the same vehicle I was pretty happy it had an "easy access cover". I don't recommend this, just pointing out an option.

i want to know, why they cant notch the firewall, for ez access.
if i wasnt so exasperated after doing my ram, i would have trimmed the firewall for heater and a'c core access

i want to know, why they cant notch the firewall, for ez access.
if i wasnt so exasperated after doing my ram, i would have trimmed the firewall for heater and a'c core access

How best to trim?...Would consider this...for best cut, would need to know orientation of core against wall. Any pics out there?

Auto Transport Service
Back