• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1979 Cordoba Wiper Motor Question

motorheadtom

Local time
1:12 PM
Reaction score
I saw an older post with similar info and replied to it but no reply. I recently purchased a 1979 Chrysler 300. Im having wiper issues. Here are some pics of what i found in wiper cowl. No pieces nothing except acorns and leaves. Im thinking someone had trouble in the past and just closed it up. I have seen the 75$ plastic bushing kit and im fine to get one of those. Im just afraid im missing other pieces and i have no idea how it all goes back together. Hoping it has directions. If i need to purchase a service manual ill do that as well. Thanks for any info

71346258256__3EA121F9-8FD6-4ABA-8515-5F7FE53AA463.jpg

71346252165__B2D6B8B5-12D4-4EA5-90EF-F4B839FC1DCB.jpg

Thats all you need is the cam and bushing package.

I'd get the Mopar bushings. Some of the aftermarket stuff is pure junk and you'll be doing the job again real soon.

I got my bushing kit today. I searched for pictures of this setup together but like most of this there isnt much. The cam part was pretty straight forward. I have some pictures of how i assume the arm must go on the cam. If anyone can confirm id appreciate it. I tried pushing it on once with socket and vise as instructed but it seems i mushroomed one side even though i was careful to keep socket even. Just a warning if anyone else goes to install one.

IMG_9584.jpg

IMG_9583.jpg

IMG_9585.jpg

Thats the correct position that is fits together.

Let us know if your wipers hide away properly when you're done. Mine do not and I would love to know if it's the parts or the installation. Good luck!

PM me if you need a more updated piece. A gent on my Magnum page on FB is making them out of material that's better.

Let us know if your wipers hide away properly when you're done. Mine do not and I would love to know if it's the parts or the installation. Good luck!
I know this post is a few months old but I have been fighting this issue for awhile so I thought this may help someone. I have a 1979 Chrysler 300. I bought the $75 orange bushing set off of eBay and mine did not park properly after I installed it. If you compare the bottom assembly to the new assembly they are 180 degrees off. So my wipers would slam down when on and park higher up on the windshield. I finally installed the old lower part of the bushing that was originally on the car with the new top portion of the bushing and it works and parks fine now.

I bought the same part I just can’t get it to press in the arm, home did you do it ?

Auto Transport Service
Back