• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1989 Ramcharger 360

Timmayy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:46 AM
Reaction score
As I said in an earlier post my 273/904 in my 65 Belvedere wagon is coming out. I have a 360 from a 1989 Ramcharger. I'm not looking for power. This is just a cruiser. Should I use this motor? Also are all the bolts metric on it? I will have to tear it down but it ran fine before the truck was totalled. Anything I should look out for? I'll also search for an A727 to go with it. I already know about the external balanced TC.

I'm just thinking about a little more like a better cam/lifters. I already have an aluminum intake and would probably add headers and a 4 barrel. What are the issues with the 65 Belvedere that I should be aware of?

"I'm not looking for power"... better cam/lifters, aluminum intake, headers and 4 barrel???

I've never done anything with 273's, but if they use the same motor mounts as the LA motors then it should just drop in but you might have to find a different oil pan? The 360 is all by itself on oil pans due to the larger rear main journal, so might need to find a 360 oil pan from a 72 and later car. The 904 should bolt but up fine or if you are using the 727 then use a B&M counter balance flex plate. Ignition I'd probably want to run the 89 electronic ignition system. Check radiator hose routing...not sure if there are left/right outlet water pumps on the small blocks or not vs the 273.

I've never done anything with 273's, but if they use the same motor mounts as the LA motors then it should just drop in but you might have to find a different oil pan? The 360 is all by itself on oil pans due to the larger rear main journal, so might need to find a 360 oil pan from a 72 and later car. The 904 should bolt but up fine or if you are using the 727 then use a B&M counter balance flex plate. Ignition I'd probably want to run the 89 electronic ignition system. Check radiator hose routing...not sure if there are left/right outlet water pumps on the small blocks or not vs the 273.
Thank you, I may have already found an A727. I remember in the past having to change oil pans and flex plates when putting a truck 360 into my 74 Charger.

360 oil pans are different from 318. Left motor mount bracket will be different also. AND, the oil pans as well as the pickup tubes, are different on cars than on trucks and vans.

360 oil pans are different from 318. Left motor mount bracket will be different also. AND, the oil pans as well as the pickup tubes, are different on cars than on trucks and vans.
So to put it in a 65 B-Body will a pan for a Cordoba work? And also the motor mounts?

So to put it in a 65 B-Body will a pan for a Cordoba work? And also the motor mounts?
I can only assume. You are looking at cars built at least 10 years apart from each other. I was pointing out that trucks are different. The sumps are in different places.

I can only assume. You are looking at cars built at least 10 years apart from each other. I was pointing out that trucks are different. The sumps are in different places.
Yes, the trucks are rear sump and cars are center sump.

Auto Transport Service
Back