• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st class HellCat crate motor swap into a 69 Coronet

biomedtechguy

Accelerati Rapidus Maximus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:48 AM
Reaction score
Saw and HEARD this car at Mecum Kissimmee last week. First class work. Beautiful car. Sounded fantastic.
20170113_135615.jpg
20170113_134921.jpg
20170113_135725.jpg
20170113_134904.jpg
20170113_134852.jpg

I am sure it would not be something a purist would appreciate, but I like it! The old body style with the new powerplant......it is as close as we can get to a 2017 Super Bee that actually looks like the Super Bee that I remember!!!

Last edited:
HATE the painted grille and tail panel, and dont like the name 'Super Cat.'

edit: and I HATE the stupid painted bumpers.

otherwise, I love it! lol

Last edited:
As long as they don't use an actual "Super Bee" for the project I'm ok with it. But I still can't stand seeing those GIANT oversized gang-banger wheels on any classic car.

My Christmas Present.jpg

I don't know. I took a business card from them because I want a center console for my 70 Roadrunner, and given the costs of putting together a nice looking stock one, I want to see if they can save me some change with a stock-ish custom console. So if I can find out, I will post it here. I replaced the stock 15" Rally wheels with 17" aluminum Rallys and they look like they should have been OEM. I was also able to fit 315/35/17s Toyo Proxes TQ drag radials in the stock rear fenderwells with the stock leafspring location, and now I have better traction when my 6 bbl opens in 1st gear. I don't like wheels larger than that, and they did an outer fenderwell "mini-tub" and still couldn't fit 315s.
I wouldn't want a modern mill under my hood, not even a HellCat motor because I am 55 years old and I like carbs (all 3 of them) even though they can be challenging, and I like old school tuning and the sound of a RB motor. Having said that, I appreciate what they did, and the benefits that a setup like this bring. The craftsmanship that went into this and the ingenuity are admirable.
Here is a pic of my car with 17x8" fronts and 17x9" rears:
20161022_130712-1.jpg
20161022_133059.jpg

Last edited:
If anybody has an "extra" Hellcat motor/trans/wiring laying around they don't want, I'd be happy to swap my 440+6 engine for it. I'm into "fast", not "stock". That car looks awesome to me! I do agree that it's better to put it into a Coronet than a real Super Bee though.

HATE the painted grille and tail panel, and dont like the name 'Super Cat.'

otherwise, I love it! lol
100% agree.

Bumpers have to be tucked in tight before they look good painted.

Yea. It's a supercharged engine in a B body.
What's wrong with "Super Bee"?
Name fail.
And the bumpers should be chrome.

If anybody has an "extra" Hellcat motor/trans/wiring laying around they don't want, I'd be happy to swap my 440+6 engine for it. I'm into "fast", not "stock". That car looks awesome to me! I do agree that it's better to put it into a Coronet than a real Super Bee though.
I hope to prove that 440+6, fast, and not stock are all going to describe my future intentions for my 70 Roadrunner. It already isn't stock, and as traction has improved slightly, "fast-er" has happened, but I have plans to incrementally improve that, with a 6xx HP and TQ stroker planned. Still not 707 HP, but like I said, I like old school.

Bumpers on that should be super duper flat black neoprene.

Hate the hot wheels look.

If I had put so much cash into making something so personal, I can't imagine selling it...unless it was profitable.
So if this someone's way to make a living, and it keeps the car alive, I can't find too much fault..
I wouldn't want it, but to somebody out there it's the coolest thing they have ever seen.

it would look a hell of a lot better in any color different
then what most mopar homers will use when goobering up their car..

The 1980's called , they want their hideous high impact not for 69 painted bumpers back . Can't stand the wheels or what appears to be school bus / international issued dash and steering wheel complimented with a homemade raggedy console.
They blew it with the wrapper
but the drivetrain install is the ****.

Auto Transport Service
Back