• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 1970 Hemi motors found

Eugene Conforti

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:08 PM
Reaction score
Acquired these 2 motors and want to unite them to the original cars, if you have the car with proof contact me. 1) Vin. 0G161336 2) Vin. 0B227011

hemi 3.jpg

hemi 6.jpg

hemi 1.jpg

hemi 4.jpg

How much did you snag them for on the pair? Nice score though.

Eugene, I posted this on Moparts and got the response below:

0B 227011
From a Hemi Cuda, could be a hard top or convertible.

0G 161336
From a Charger - XS29R0G161336 - Dark tan metallic in color with an automatic transmission.

Yes thank you guys for the help.......Owner of charger not sure if he wants the motor at this time.

Last edited:
Yes thank you guys for the help.......Owner of charger not sure if he wants the motor at this time.
I'm surprised that the Charger owner is not sure if he wants the motor at this time. Finding numbers matching engines (especially Hemi engines) to one's car is invaluable. If they ever resell the car, the matching numbers engine will really increase the value of the car. To each their own, I guess.

:screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: Like your suppose to hold the engine until he's ready?? Definitely not a wise decision of course he may not have the cash or a spouse that doesn't get it.

Last edited:
Prior owner of my former Hemi GTX swapped two gen 2 Hemi short blocks to get the car’s original engine back. Not everyone is in a position to do such a deal.

Well seeing we don't know the price, since this isn't a for sale thread, hard to say why he's "not sure".
Post a WTB ad...

WTB 426 HEMI Engine. VIN on block must be 0G161336.
:p

The price was 28k hardly ransom money …. He had a great running motor that he was happy with and he is in his 70’s

I think if you're 70 and driving your Hemi Charger you could care less whether it had the matching #'s block or not. I see his point, he owns the car because he loves it not for what it's worth. For those of us looking on though we think that would be great to match it up.

Probably stating the obvious, but get that man's address and start sending Christmas cards:)

Auto Transport Service
Back