• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2.3 million seems a little excessive for a Trophy

Very excessive $$$ to get the trophy and he wasn't there to collect. I saw the car and it was a great piece of work, but alot of money which could have created a very nice Mopar collection....IMHO

alot of Money invested... and It looks very Cool... 25 years from now it will be a barn find.. :D

Couple of comments, not trying to stir **** up, though.
It is excessive to spend that kind of money just to win a trophy. I’d be on board if he was spending that to build his dream car, but for him it was about the trophy. Just build a trophy, or buy one. But he’s not alone; it costs even more to win the super bowl, just to win a trophy.
That is indeed a beautiful car. I genuinely like and admire it. But l’ve said it before: big rims and skinny tires look stupid on any old car.

Its his money to spend as he saw fit. Obviously a man of great means who wanted a special car and was able to afford it. Its a shame he passed before he could have seen it complete and in that show. RIP.

I can see how someone can blow a couple hundred grand having someone build a car you you, but 2.3 million? He got taken to the cleaners!

wtf-baby-face.jpg

I can see him at the pearly gates trying to explain why he should be allowed to enter.
What you spent 2.3 million on that and you expect to enter.

I don't think the design works very well. The body is full of sweeping curves and the top is rectangular.

It's cool
but $2.3 million cool (to me not even for 1/10 of that)
I guess if you got that much
to spend/waste on a one off
Cadillac Eldorado Brougham Wagon 2 door-show car
more power to ya'
if that's floats your boat or blows your skirt up :carrot:
to each their own

it's an impeccable build, I'm sure had thousands of hrs
& a crap load of one off & hand made parts etc.

I'm always the guy who says;
"build it how you want it,
use whatever parts you deem necessary,
drive it like you stole it (trailer it :poke:) & damn the rest,
who cares, what other people think anyway"

BUT !!!

59 Cadillac ElDorado Brougham Wagon -Ridler award winner 2019- back side.jpg

59 Cadillac ElDorado Brougham Wagon -Ridler award winner 2019- front.jpg

59 Cadillac ElDorado Brougham Wagon -Ridler award winner 2019- side.jpg

a fool & his own money, are soon parted, comes to mind
'buying' a Ridler award

Last edited:
They need to make a trailer with modifications of course, to go with that car :rolleyes:
xnew-moon-long-trailer.jpg.pagespeed.ic.41pjcGHcnO.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back