• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2.93 gears?

What
Same here in my 69 roadrunner but I stay off I-40.
What's the speed limit on I-40 in your neighborhood?
I travel I-40 between Cali and Arizona frequently. 70mph in Cali, 75 in az. I don't use my 3.91 or 4.10 geared cars there, lol.

What
What's the speed limit on I-40 in your neighborhood?
I travel I-40 between Cali and Arizona frequently. 70mph in Cali, 75 in az. I don't use my 3.91 or 4.10 geared cars there, lol.
70 mph. I’m taching close to 3500 at that speed with the 355 gear.

I'm running that same setup in the Coronet (8.75 w/3:55). In retrospect, I wish I'd gone with a 3:23... for lower RPMs on the highway.

I have a small pinion carrier. Buying a good used one with a posi or a locker would be a good choice. I am going to need to do axles too. Mine are the tapered ones. I am fleeing the commie state of CA and headed for the hills of NC. I have lots of family there. Looking at some properties with large garages. Found one with a 1700 sqft house and a 1600 sqft garage. Me and the grandson are gonna pull her apart and build her into a decent cruiser/bracket car. Small nitrous hit and some radials. Lots of bonding time with him.

I am going to need to do axles too. Mine are the tapered ones. I am fleeing the commie state of CA and headed for the hills of NC. I have lots of family there.
When you get there vote Red please.

2.93:1 is a common ratio in the tapered axle rears with a 14 tooth pinion. The later gears used 2.94 with a 16 tooth pinion. The 2.91 is a Ford 9" ratio that requires an 11 tooth pinion.

Welcome to North Cackalacky. Great place to live.
I have a small pinion carrier. Buying a good used one with a posi or a locker would be a good choice. I am going to need to do axles too. Mine are the tapered ones. I am fleeing the commie state of CA and headed for the hills of NC. I have lots of family there. Looking at some properties with large garages. Found one with a 1700 sqft house and a 1600 sqft garage. Me and the grandson are gonna pull her apart and build her into a decent cruiser/bracket car. Small nitrous hit and some radials. Lots of bonding time with him.

Can’t be quick enough. Have my kids house and ours up for sale. Family in Marion. That’s the target area.

2.76, 2.93, 3.23, 3.31, 3.55, 3.73, 3.91, 4.10, 4.56, 4.89, 5.17, 5.57.

2.76, 2.93, 3.23, 3.31, 3.55, 3.73, 3.91, 4.10, 4.56, 4.89, 5.17, 5.57.
2.94........ but what's one digit lol and haven't seen a factory 3.31 gear in all the years I've been messing with them. And isn't a 4.89 a Ferd gear? :D

Might be some duplications. I ran 3.55,3.73, and 4.56 in GM rears. Some commonalities might exist.

I am thinking I should look into all that’s necessary to switch axles to non press ones.

Auto Transport Service
Back