• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2001 Mulholland Prowler 14,000 Miles. Western Sodak not mine

sam dupont

Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 10.45.58 AM.png

The first time I laid eyes on a Prowler,I thought that needs a second generation Hemi, loose the sides of the hood and add some Chrome headers,and that would be a winner! The car would probably need a whole new chassis to handle the torque of a second generation Hemi engine, as the factory Prowler frame is aluminum.

By the time and aluminum frame is rigid enough it's not that much lighter than steel.

I was drinking beer and playing cards with my friends 30 years ago and looking around the table. I realized that we had the skills to open up hot rod shop.

I'd seen some brand new Chevrolet 1 ton Dually chassis' meant for motorhomes for sale in Hemmings. $16,000.

We had the skills and my idea was to take an old Diamond T body and put it on top of that Chevy chassis. All new parts, paint, and interior with a factory drive train warranty. A street rod a bank would loan money on.

My buddies scoffed. Then Chrysler did it with the Prowler. Soon the big three all had a hot rod looking offerings.

A few years back there was a Prowler with a modern Hemi in it at the Mopar Nats

Looked like it was born there

Auto Transport Service
Back