• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2021 Jeep can't turn 50K RPMS......(a little Friday night carnage)

Kern and 1 Wild. If you read the article posted in the op’s link it shows the math. The rubicon has a steep ratio for 4 low and the math came out to a few hundred less than 55k rpm. It sounds like they were flat towing behind a motor home. Probably didn’t even know anything happened until they tried to start it.

I'm fully capable of doing my own math... Just need the right numbers.... When I searched the web the ratios I found for a Rubicon don't agree with the articles numbers.... No biggie... Both take the engine RPM's well past redline...

What honestly surprises me is the fact the engine even turned over... With relay steep gear ratios usually the output can not drive the input against the gear ratio never mind against the compression of the engine.... With that high of a ratio I'd expect it to simply drag the tires....

My guess is it wasn't really in the absolute lowest gear but actually a gear that would only spin the engine say 15,000 RPM's...

If you hate comments like this quit posting. I or anyone else is aloud to have an opinion. My remark was about the guy who posted the video. Again my opinion. I never once directed anything towards you.

Well, I'll agree to disagree. I agree whole heartedly about getting permission if personal pertinent info is given, but for just a general video for fun where no info is given? No.

Moving forward.......

I'm fully capable of doing my own math... Just need the right numbers.... When I searched the web the ratios I found for a Rubicon don't agree with the articles numbers.... No biggie... Both take the engine RPM's well past redline...

What honestly surprises me is the fact the engine even turned over... With relay steep gear ratios usually the output can not drive the input against the gear ratio never mind against the compression of the engine.... With that high of a ratio I'd expect it to simply drag the tires....

My guess is it wasn't really in the absolute lowest gear but actually a gear that would only spin the engine say 15,000 RPM's...

Not questioning your math at all and agree about it just dragging the tires. It had to be in a gear other than first but regardless it’s not meant to spin the motor over 6k rpm.

An expensive mistake for sure.

Bingo -Cal Norton-.gif

yeah it would have grenade'd way before any of them #'s anyway

no matter the math

I tow a jeep cherokee with the factory installed "neutral" switch behind a Winnebago on a Sprinter 3500 chassis, diesel engine auto trans.. I don't know how anyone could pull something that would have that much resistance and not realize something was wrong. To get to the point that much damage was done is beyond cluelessness, although simply "forgetting" to put the TOAD in neutral is proof enough of the cluelessness issue!

Auto Transport Service
Back