• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2536430-6 HP block

crossram 426

Local time
1:31 PM
Reaction score
Hi I have a 68 HP block just wondering what the # 6 refers to?
pad stamped

LANDY
40 HP.

Some of the casting number stuff is still above my pay grade.
What I have read is that the -6 is how many times that particular mold was either repaired,revised or doctored up in anyway. So what I'm reading is that two molds sitting side by side ready to be poured could have a different "-" or revision number. Some have said that some molds lasted longer than others and it has nothing to do with year cast.

That is correct, example all max wedge blocks where -1 or dash 2, the first castings where thicker and had higher zinc percent but on all mopar blocks -6 is good I have seen 440 as high as dash 10

If the 6 is on the pad it would either be 6th mouth or 6th day again is it on pad or on side at the end of casting

It's the core box number. Each box was used over and over, and as production changes were implemented, and things were adjusted for wear, any changes made pushed it up a number. Means nothing in regard to actual quality of the cast block or material used.

Auto Transport Service
Back