• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$280k Blown Charger (oh hi, Dom)

Stereolab42

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:47 AM
Reaction score
As a member of the Fast & Furious generation this caught my eye:

1709009934549.png

1968 Dodge Charger

Unlike last time I'm not gonna complain this was born a 318 because we're clearly waaaaay beyond the point where that matters. But I did watch the YouTube video and was kind of amazed when he essentially admits they don't know if the NOS actually works, and it's the buyer's homework to "get it tuned". For almost 300k, and when they spend a lot of time later in the video boasting about their giant garage full of trained mechanics? C'mon. Also, is that absolutely horrid whine in the video (for example at about 4:20) really what that type of blower is supposed to sound like? Or is something cataclysmically wrong with a belt? Because it sounds like there's a nest of bats trapped in said blower being burnt to death.

Typical restomod crap that appeals to rich tech guys or Hollywood actors and not the average Mopar man.
Even my car would look good on that turntable under those fancy lights.

Yes of course to all what you’ve both said - but c’mon does that **** not look really, really cool or what? At least in the portrayal. She’s a stunner on video. Maybe not so much when you get to it live, dunno…..

Not so much the blower deal - but that look maybe the one and only look I could love and maybe prefer over the X.

Not bad,
but I'd do a different wheel & tires choices
fatter in the back, & less contemporary/modern looking wheel choices too
more era correct like a Halibrand, Crager S/S or maybe even polished slots :blah:
it's a 68 Charger so it's cool,
that was one if not the best looking car ever built
from the factory, right wheel & tire combo makes them even better
(absolutely no painted steelies or poverty caps either :poke: )

I'll bet it's fun to drive, maybe not on a long trip
but rowing thru the 5 gears, on Hotchkiss & QA1 suspension
hearing that 8:71 whine, I'll bet it's seriously underdriven (only 600hp 496cid)
a N/A 4bbl would do 600hp easily with 496cid

it's just not $279k cool

would I drive it
oh hell yes

Last edited:
Vanguard is not far from my house been there a few times. cool car but not 279k cool

Jeez! I built a new house and 4-car attached garage 20 years ago for less than that! No, my house can't do a wheelie, but the Charger doesn't have a basement Mancave,either.

Not really all that great I don't think. There's quite a few member cars here that are better looking.

Said it sold?
Whoah...

1709075242220.png

Must have sold for close to that price given this car has only been up for 11 days? If I wanted a car like this, I'd buy a project '68 318 for $25k then pay what, $150k for a flawless turnkey restoration on which I know everything works, and save $100k. Only problem is it will take 3-4 years. But it could easily take 1-2 years to fix anything that might be broken on this car (been there, done that). Hopefully the buyer did EXTENSIVE DUE DILIGENCE to determine that wasn't the case. :lol:

If I wanted a car like this, I'd buy a project '68 318 for $25k then pay what, $150k for a flawless turnkey restoration on which I know everything works, and save $100k. Only problem is it will take 3-4 years. But it could easily take 1-2 years to fix anything that might be broken on this car (been there, done that).

Thats pretty much what i was going to say.
For almost 300k you can build yourself a similar car instead of buying and fixing someone elses problem.

Thats pretty much what i was going to say.
For almost 300k you can build yourself a similar car instead of buying and fixing someone elses problem.
Coincidentally, that's what I said when I built my house 20 years ago.

I wonder if it really even sold ?
shortly after comments it's $150k too much

Smiley Are you really that stupid.jpg

or they just took it off the market, to save face
to list it sometime later at a more realistic price
you never know with these 'Chessie & small'
unscrupulous specialty auto-sales type outfits

A couple of notes...
I parked and "showed" my 70 Roadrunner right next to the "Hard Charger" very soon after the guys had picked it up when they first bought it.
It was rough for sure.
This was at the Wellborn Museum.
The way that car turned out was amazing, and sold for big money at Barrett Jackson.
I have been fascinated and attracted to the "frozen patina" style for a couple of years now. I guess it's partly because I am into racing our cars, and because the costs and details of trying to make our cars "factory correct and original", while it produces a car I have deep respect and appreciation for, it's definitely not the route I went, and God willing, I certainly won't ever be able to if I'm blessed to find a track capable roller for my 572, which also will require some Devine assistance in order for me to complete.
Anyway, a close friend who has an award winning 70 Roadrunner, that is as "original and correct" as you can find, took a 69 Roadrunner that had a 440 6bbl and 4 speed, that I know he got a deal on, and instead of having a patina street/strip beast, is taking it to "original" too.
Oh if only I could have had that opportunity! I'd have a B5 patina 69 Roadrunner that I'd play on its looks as being "not all that" but it would have the heart of a lion and the performance to match.
It would be worth it just to see the expression of disbelief on the faces of those in the next lane that made the mistake of judging that book by its cover.
The RoadBurner that the same cable channel show guys did who did Hard Charger? Honestly, at this point, I'd take the RoadBurner and have a ball driving the tires off it

Auto Transport Service
Back