• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ya, my Newport is a '69...so hows about that paint job for 29.95 den?

fuggedaboutit.jpg

Great!
The painter spraying the hood… with the BUICK letters still attached!
Classic Earl Scheib quality.
My 69 Dart was painted at an ES shop in 1983.

If it wasn’t masked off, it got painted whether you wanted it or not.
They sprayed my wheels, even the lug nuts. The edges of the bumper had paint as did everything else. They didn’t paint the stainless trim around the glass though.

At $1.30 per hour minimum wage in 1969 you'd have to work about 1.5 weeks to get your car painted there. something to think about.

Had a young couple down the street from me, the house I grew up in, that had their 64 Chevy station wagon painted by Earl Scheib. They had it painted a tan color. EVERYTHING was painted, but the windows. Around 1971, for around $49.99. The paint stayed on, unfortunately.........

Regardless of quality or whether it was a ripoff or not, it's still cool seeing glimpses of that era. I love seeing those commercials.

Dubb,I will give you $30.00 to paint my car! Instead of calling you Eldubb,we will call you Earl Dubb! Lol

Dubb,I will give you $30.00 to paint my car! Instead of calling you Eldubb,we will call you Earl Dubb! Lol

love it! ......... maybe I'll change my user name :D

don't forget your 10 dollars of free metal work :fool:

Bidding war!
I'll give Eldubbscheib 20 times that to paint my Roadrunner!
I'll even take the bumpers off, and throw in 2 rolls of masking tape.
Edit: if he's really nice I'll take the taillights out too.

Auto Transport Service
Back